Science Diet

CAL

Guest satanscheerleader

Personally I am not a big fan of any of those foods {although I have never tried the Royal Canin or Eagle Brand but I would probably choose those over Science Diet or Iams or Eukanuba}. I don't know what you guys have out there for choices but I definitely prefer foods like California Natural, Natural Balance, Canidae or brands along those lines. There is a big "natural" pet food industry in Canada. One of my dogs tends to et a dry coat so that limits my choices down because I have to cater to that.

"Greens own Supercoat." :whisper:

n have for over 20 years that i know of.

they are right next door to Olsens (salt?) who we get our cattle blocks from. (we need 50 kg megaphos and no produce store in sydney will stock it)

unlike most of the rest are aussie owned and doc harry recommends them.

my ungrateful lot prefer it over all the premium brands and that suits me as I do like to buy ausse owned.

please dont tell me im doing them harm. please please please :eek:

Apologies lilly111....sincerely did not mean anything personal. Its

just my pet hate at the moment re the Hills courses and some people who then call themselves nutritionist in general !

Your right Hills has its place....depends on the owner and what they are prepared to do with and for their dog.

I'm in the process of completing the Hill's Nutritional Adviser Program - mostly for interests sake and they give us a fairly substantial discount. I think the use of the term "qualified" is probably a bit rich, perhaps certified would be a better choice, or just plain old "I'm a Hills NA". IMHO - some of the medical info is a bit off and the self promotion in the course is annoying. Still, its a few more pieces of paper for me, and heck - that free pen is nice!

We've been given a lot of free food during our degree - hasn't swayed me either way, take the reps info with a healthy dose of scepticism. Eukanuba is still my favourite :whisper:

Oh sorry rappie and lily ....you sound like nice genuine people ...and me is nasty

I was just peeved cos so much of the `competition` in the food industtry use the qualified nutrionist tag without the Hills tag. Making people believe they are something they are not :eek:

I too havent a prob with samples.....I test drive my cats on them :D

Just seems Hills are into world domination :whisper:

But hey its better than what a lot of other animals get

Lol RnB, don't be sorry. I'm just doing the course for something to do - reckon you're right on the world domination things - just need to read some of the course notes on how to politely suggest that a client's dog might die if it doesn't eat Hill's for its entire like (*major exaggeration* but I found it amusing at the time).

I believe firmly in everything in moderation and I think that should include advertising!

just need to read some of the course notes on how to politely suggest that a client's dog might die if it doesn't eat Hill's for its entire like (*major exaggeration* but I found it amusing at the time).

Hills isn't the only one that says "adding anything to our food may *kill* your dog" (major exaggeration).

Part of an email from Iams/Eukanuba:

Our Eukanuba Diet is what we call a Complete and Balanced Diet which means you can cause harm to your dogs if you add any supplements.

The trouble I have had with Iams/Eukanuba, is that their customer service people can't understand SIMPLE requests...

I asked a "difficult" question & they gave me the answer (after a few days).

The "simple" question was:

I am not sure about the measurements – are they given in iu per GRAM  / mg per GRAM – or is it iu per KILOGRAM / mg per KILOGRAM?

- since the values they gave me had no quantitative measure!!

The answer I got was:

Some items are iu, some are mg and the others are ug.

I was like.... DUH! :whisper:

Needless to say, the next answer I got (for the same question only really stretched out explanation of what I needed to know) was:

It is the same food as the original email so it has a holding density of 96.56gm per cup (250 ml).

Like, WTF? :eek:

Anyhow, as with HSD, Eukanuba hasn't stacked up as being a "complete" feed for my dogs either (none has yet, but I go with the closest one that needs the least supplements - Eukanuba may pass if they give me the w/w measures, instead of just a number).

:D

Rappie - I got never got to use my pen, my daughter nicked it!!!

Yeah the Hills advertising is OTT, but it's good to know the products as they can be confusing, ZD, LD etc: etc:, the vets expect you to know what your doing when they say get some food for this cat that has a urinary infection.

It's cool RnB