Dog Debit Card

Tralee

I have a cheque account purely for dog trials and dog club expenses.

The amount of money that flows through that account alone makes me weak at the knees.eek1.gif

Exactly

But now I will be more disciplined with the 'spend' so whatever it has cost over the past years will be conservative at best.

After the 'build' next year I am hoping to add some dog related income.

Px

i used to have a pet account... or one more aimed at the horses as they can rack up a bill very easily at the vet...

although these days i find the horses the least expensive of all even tho there is about 11 of em....

theses days with an internet account i could keep track of it a more and make sure there is some money for a rainy day. any little horsey bonuses could go in there.

in fact the OH was talking about doggie health insurance after the snake bite...but the premiums per month would send you broke... so i might try to do a pm deposit instead.

Edited by voloclydes

in fact the OH was talking about doggie health insurance after the snake bite...but the premiums per month would send you broke... so i might try to do a pm deposit instead.

Hi voloclydes. :)

There is a health insurance plan for dogs and cats on the Woolworths Frequent Flyer Program.

I think it has to be the cheapest I've seen.

Px

A couple months ago, I did the same thing, I've created a separate debit card account and linked a cheque book to this account, and at work, I got them to put $50 per week into this account.

It so much easier manage the account now as I have saved up quite a bit now and now use this account for show entries :).

Before, I used to pay out of my spending account and it was a real struggle to keep the balance up so the cheque doesn't bounce lol!

Hi voloclydes. :)

There is a health insurance plan for dogs and cats on the Woolworths Frequent Flyer Program.

I think it has to be the cheapest I've seen.

Px

yeah but they don't do fleet prices and we do own a fleet of hot digity doggies... :rofl: :rofl:

2x matains

2jrt and foxie cross

oh and heniz chi....

the conditions also say said douge needs to be less than 7..only 3 are less than 7..the dollar works out about 100pm....

so i have been thinking about saving some cash.... then it can go on who ever is sick. horses included.

Hi All :)

Well I went to the bank today and did a few things but we opened up an account for the dogs and asked for a debit card.

What that means is that the account can be kept exclusively for expenditure on the dogs and then at the end of every financial year all book keeping and accounting has already been done and records have been kept by the bank.

The advantages of that I think should be obvious.

I am taking out health insurance on the dogs, something I should have done much sooner, so all vaccinations and annual health checks will go through the account too. Worming and flea treatment will also be funded from the account.

New kennels, fences, the cost of showing the dogs, CCC subscriptions, website renewals will all be processed through the account.

I really have no idea what the dogs cost per annum but with their own account I should get an accurate reflection of where excesses and deficiencies are occuring.

:cheers:

Px

Ooh! Dog insurance! I looked into that but then put it off because I was looking into getting a horse again and not many will insure horses... but never got around to getting the pet insurance for my boy in the end (didn't get the horse either). Who are you looking at?

I have an ING account for this - collects interest at the same time. :D

Mine is for vet bills, everything else can come out of normal money :laugh:

Hi SwaY. :)

Vet bills are killing us at the moment.

They keep taking money from our planned 'build' and I need to take control.

I think its just insidious the things the dogs need attention to that creep up on us.

Our last one was meds for 'heat spots'

Px

Perhaps you should be looking more closely at diet and spending the money there. Here's hoping the dog with hot spots is just a pet and not a dog you;d consider breeding from