Border Collie Bored Out Of Her Brain!

Ok, well my 8 year old BC Sadie has recently (3-ish weeks ago, on the 15th Dec) had a TTO surgery for her ruptured cruciate ligament. She has been doing really well, and has tolerated being crated/confined etc. But now she has decided that though she has a limp, she is 'fixed' and is champing at the bit to get out and do stuff! :banghead: Obviously she CAN'T, so I need some ideas to keep her (and me) sane!

She has had kongs etc, but isn't overly interested; She gets bones- but she can't have them everyday. She gets taken out for very slow, very gentle walks for no longer than a couple of minutes and if I'm outside doing something she is set up next to me on a blanket.

I've though of doing something 'training' wise, but it has to be able to be done with her being pretty much inactive, so I'm not sure what would be suitable.

Sigh :( Any ideas/suggestions?

No suggestions but my heart goes out to you - my young 3 year old BC has been out of action for a long time and is driving me insane and so I totally get where your coming from. She also shows no interest in kongs.

In the training forum there is a sub-forum 'dog tricks', you could sift through there to find suitable trick :)

Depending on which leg is hurt you could teach a high-five, wave, poking things with her nose on cue, pick up and hold things on cue, shy (put paw over face), practice looking you in the eye while you hold food out to the side or drop it on the floor, bark and hush on cue, and probably a bunch of others I can't think of right now!

I agree go with tricks. There's lots to do that don't involve moving or moving very far. The usual obedience things, then.. wave/shake/hi-5 with both paws, sleepy (lie on your side - both sides), nose between paws, head held up while in a drop, sit with nose pointing to the sky/nose pointing to the ground, nod your head, hold ___ (I taught my dog how to hold a stick the other day, as in sit stationary and hold the stick!), how to stack and nest kids stacking cups, targeting, show your teeth (as in open up for the dentist), smile, sneeze, shake head... and I'm sure there's heaps more. Actually I should start on a few here that I haven't started just for fun! Or maybe I should keep a few in reserve just in case I end up having to keep the ratbag confined!!!