Last Minutes With Oden.

Blackdogs

I didn't watch the whole lot, yes it was sad but I couldn't help thinking that it was odd that they had videoed the situation leading up to the death of Oden as well as his final moment.

I though it a bit off that they would do that.

I took it as a bit of an ode to Oden (no pun intended).

I think it's a good video that illustrates well the pain of losing such a close friend.

If they simply had the guy talking about how awesome his dog was it wouldn't be nearly as impactful.

This was a mini-documentary in honour of his life, no just some random filming.

I wonder if you ever really get over losing a dog that was so much a part of your life... Cause it sure does not feel like it yet...

I don't think you ever get over it. It's now 3 years and 4 months since I lost Sophie after her battle with cancer. I think of her and miss her every day.

I couldn't watch that video. When I think of Sophie's last minutes I still feel the sting of tears. Death can't take my love for her away from me though. Losing her was a life changing event for me.

R.I.P Oden

I think it depends on the individual and how they respond to grief. I don't think you ever stop missing your dog, but the pain decreases over time. I can look back now and appreciate the good things about my last dog's relationship with me, rather than dwell on the fact that she's not with me anymore. When I think of her now, six years on, I smile rather than cry.

I'm not very religious, but I do hope more than anything that there is a place where we will see each other again. :)

I didn't watch the whole lot, yes it was sad but I couldn't help thinking that it was odd that they had videoed the situation leading up to the death of Oden as well as his final moment.

yes I agree. Death, whether it be a person or a dog, should be a personal, diginfied thing. Not something for people to watch on youtubes (especially since there is no educational value).

yes I agree. Death, whether it be a person or a dog, should be a personal, diginfied thing. Not something for people to watch on youtubes (especially since there is no educational value).

I see where you're coming from, but I think there is educational value. The video tends to illustrate the importance of the dog human relationship and how the life of a dog can change someone's life. :)

Edited by Blackdogs

I guess we're all different. It is the vouyerer (sp) thing that gets me a bit too.

When my dogs go to heaven, which is hoepfully a long way off, I can't imagine whipping out the video camera at the last minute. I want to be there 100% for them, looking them in the eye, whispering secrets in their ear all alone.

If I make a video montage to show people the bond between human and dog I'd show agility, zoomies, wrestles and the morning kiss I get from Miss Lucy ever morning (promptly followed by a paw in my eye, demanding a scratch behind the ear).

I guess we're all different. It is the vouyerer (sp) thing that gets me a bit too.

When my dogs go to heaven, which is hoepfully a long way off, I can't imagine whipping out the video camera at the last minute. I want to be there 100% for them, looking them in the eye, whispering secrets in their ear all alone.

If I make a video montage to show people the bond between human and dog I'd show agility, zoomies, wrestles and the morning kiss I get from Miss Lucy ever morning (promptly followed by a paw in my eye, demanding a scratch behind the ear).

You're right; s someone who witnessess euthanasias on a regular basis I can attest to the fact that grief is a very individual thing. I don't think this individual meant any disrespect to his dog by doing things the way he did; just the opposite. I think it was a beautiful tribute. However, I can understand how it would hit close to home and be disturbing to many people.

I wonder if you ever really get over losing a dog that was so much a part of your life... Cause it sure does not feel like it yet...

I don't think you ever get over it. It's now 3 years and 4 months since I lost Sophie after her battle with cancer. I think of her and miss her every day.

I couldn't watch that video. When I think of Sophie's last minutes I still feel the sting of tears. Death can't take my love for her away from me though. Losing her was a life changing event for me.

R.I.P Oden

I think you are right cNr - I can't imagine I will ever 'get' over Ollie dog. He was such a big part of my life for over 14 years..

I didn't even know Sophie and I still think of her from time to time.

I honestly don't know why I watched it but once I started, I just felt I had to finish watching it.

Guest donatella

I sent this to my mum who had the family dog who's 15 and its been a real realisation for everyone that this may well be us one day in the next few months/years. She said that she doesn't know if she could go through with it do I have said I will do it as I think it's much kinder to be with them till the end. I have no idea how I will be able to, I can handle human death no problem (under work circumstances) but this will break me.

R.I.P Oden

I think it depends on the individual and how they respond to grief. I don't think you ever stop missing your dog, but the pain decreases over time. I can look back now and appreciate the good things about my last dog's relationship with me, rather than dwell on the fact that she's not with me anymore. When I think of her now, six years on, I smile rather than cry.

I'm not very religious, but I do hope more than anything that there is a place where we will see each other again. :)

That is what I cry about - the things I miss about him (and I miss him like crazy but it is early days, he only went at the end of October last year)..

I miss our early morning walks - they were so slow and chilled out, I miss how happy he was playing under the sprinklers at the park, the way he used to make snuffling noises at my door to wake me up of a morning if he slept on the lounge and not with me... Gee, I could fill this whole thread up with what I miss about the old man.. All those wonderful things that used to make me smile - he bought such joy to my life... I still smile everyday about him..

I also hope there is a place where we will get to see them again..

R.I.P Oden

That is what I cry about - the things I miss about him (and I miss him like crazy but it is early days, he only went at the end of October last year)..

I miss our early morning walks - they were so slow and chilled out, I miss how happy he was playing under the sprinklers at the park, the way he used to make snuffling noises at my door to wake me up of a morning if he slept on the lounge and not with me... Gee, I could fill this whole thread up with what I miss about the old man.. All those wonderful things that used to make me smile - he bought such joy to my life... I still smile everyday about him..

I also hope there is a place where we will get to see them again..

:)

If there IS a heaven, they ssurely would be there. Dogs are pure goodness.

I'm so sorry for your loss.