Nikon D7000?

gapvic

Does anyone here use the Nikon D7000? I love my D80 but am thinking about an upgrade. I was tossing up between a used D2x or the D7000, but it seems I can get a new D7000 for not much more than the second hand D2x so that seems the better bet. Any feedback on the camera would be great!

Does anyone here use the Nikon D7000? I love my D80 but am thinking about an upgrade. I was tossing up between a used D2x or the D7000, but it seems I can get a new D7000 for not much more than the second hand D2x so that seems the better bet. Any feedback on the camera would be great!

Its like you read my mind. I have a D80, been thinking about upgrading to one of the 2 cameras you mentioned. So no help from me, but I would love some feedback too.

Not yet, can't justify the spend, and happy enough for now with the D50/70/80/90, (gives me lens options without as much changing lenses). Would love that used D2x but more for the buzz of having one than a real need. I'd probably go for the 7000.

Not doing anything much photography-wise at present aside from 'round home' because our recent move to a black-hole area means hardly any mobile phone or internet connection time. Really frustrating til we get sorted with satellite and so on. (For now a clear phone call is impossible, and internet is only a now and then thing with wireless).

Hope you both go ahead with an upgrade soon, and will look out for your feedback reports.

Its like you read my mind. I have a D80, been thinking about upgrading to one of the 2 cameras you mentioned. So no help from me, but I would love some feedback too.

LOL! I've been doing further reading / research and it seems that the D7000 is now the better camera, so I've decided to go with that... when I can afford to get one :) . Let us know what you decide to do too!

I have heard many good things about this camera, so would love to try it. Apparently its low noise at high ISOs is bloody fantastic.

Rachel Devine (http://www.racheldevine.com/) uses one as her back up to a D3. I thought I had read a review from her somewhere online, but it's actually on a private group, so I can't post it. Anyway, she likes it because the images SOOC are superb and also the lighter weight. It has video capabilities too.

A friend of mine also has one and loves it. You can see some of hers here:

http://loveandflare.tumblr.com/

Edited by huga

"Someone else" is going the D90/D7000 upgrade. D90 listed in the Market Place. Maybe some feedback in order (sorry DA, couldn't resist).

:laugh: I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this camera. I couldn't really afford it to tell you the truth, however ive been very depressed and not going out of the house. So i made a deal with myself, i financed the camera (Harvey Norman interest free for 2 years) and now im doing the 365 and out of the house all the time. I couldn't rave about this camera more!

The low noise is fantastic the 39 sensor points are amazing, and the depth and sharpness its capable of have blown me away.

My D90 took me a long way and i can see this camera lasting me for quite some time yet.

Did i mention i LOVE this camera?

Edited by Dust Angel

I'm another one considering upgrading to the d7000 from my d80, I looked at them yesterday in Harvey Norman. DA do you mind if I ask you how much it was at your HN? Did you get a lense with it? I thought the price here was just over $1400 with a lense but on the website it is more? Gotta love 2 years interest free!

On DWI it was listed at around $1400 last week, and I phoned Camera House in Croydon (Vic) yesterday and they wanted $1600 but said they could do it for $1500. These prices are body only. I'd be interested in hearing what quotes others get too.

Great idea DA and it sounds like it's working :thumbsup:

I paid $1788 for mine with the 18-105 lens. I was going to get body only but did the math and it worked out that the lens was approx $200-$300 cheaper buying this way.

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/nikon-d-dslr-with.html

It also filled the gap I had with my other two lenses, lovely bit of glass too I'm very glad I got it.

I ended up driving to Wagga as it was the only place within ten hours that had one in stock, I figured lots of people must have got them for Christmas.

It's funny, mum wants to make the leap from Cannon to Nikon now, that's how much she loves my new camera and she hasn't even used it!