Benalla Shows

almals

I think that the dog show competitors have become a known target with the idle hands group in Benalla. No one has been found for their previous vandalism tours so they keep coming back. No way would I leave a gazebo up there or any other show now.

I would leave it up at other shows and do. But not Benalla.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest problem for Benalla imo, and not much the club can do to change it, is there is a pub across the road from the grounds. Have a few drinks, be looking for a bit of "fun" and wander across the road :mad

But really things get stolen from shows all the time and it isn't always the general public doing the stealing. When I leave my stuff behind I do so knowing it might not be there the next day and if it isn't, then it's my fault not the clubs.

They were collecting for the security on friday and saturday

We left our gazebos and crates there and had no problems.

There were also a lot of campers.

As I understand it Security were to do 5 rounds on the Friday night. I mentioned that as there were a few campers that may reduce the risk of damage only to be told the year before damage was done and people were camping nearby. So either the vandals were very quiet or the campers didn't want to become involved.

Guess it is quite easy to find out what is going on in a small town - mobiles and facebook are great communication tools that sometimes can be used for the wrong purpose.

I was told by a young local girl that it should be OK this time as it is still school holidays and most young people were away. You only need to be careful when it is school time as they all get to the park across the road and drink then go looking for things to do! :mad

Go figure???? :confused: The thrill of destroying stuff must be so good for the little vandals.

Anyway after being told about the collection for the security patrols and also talking with the local police who came for a look I was happy to leave the Marquee and crates overnight.

Amend 7.3.5.2 to read:7.3.5.2 Post exhibit numbers to the exhibitor at least seven (7) days prior to the date of the fixture. Only one exhibitor’s numbers will be enclosed in any one envelope. A slip identifying the first number in each group and last number of the show must also be issued with exhibit numbers sent by the post. Any judging changes made subsequent to the publication of the schedule, and more than seven (7) days prior to the fixture must be included in the slip notification.

Just new out from DOGSVIC...

Edited by morsha_68