Accommodation Near Durack Grounds

Tentapride

I don't live near Durack but googled 'pet friendly accomodation durack'.

First response is an old DOL thread! Durack accomodation

Can you call the show organisers? It's probably a common question and they may have a list of local places.

Google did pull up a lot of responses so could be worth taking a look.

I don't live near Durack but googled 'pet friendly accomodation durack'.

First response is an old DOL thread! Durack accomodation

Can you call the show organisers? It's probably a common question and they may have a list of local places.

Google did pull up a lot of responses so could be worth taking a look.

Thanks Roova - I did google it but came up with nothing. I might try DogsQLD today. The show organisers are a small breed club and its their local Champ show so I don't think they use the accommodation and last time I asked they had no idea.

• 1 month later...

contact the goldie club in QLD they have a list of motels and camping places, we had our national there last yr :) good luck! i stayed at camp tailwaggers which was 30-45 mins away from the grounds but its cheap as and u can sleep heaps of people in a room and there is a yard attached to the house so the dogs can have a safe place to go off lead :)

Just wondering did you find an answer to this question?

NO but I did find out that camping is unofficially allowed so that is the plan at this stage.

Dogs QLD are beyond useless - not even the curtesy of replying to my email - Bad Form!!!!

NO but I did find out that camping is unofficially allowed so that is the plan at this stage.

Dogs QLD are beyond useless - not even the curtesy of replying to my email - Bad Form!!!!

Thanks I was just looking at the show's that are Easter saturday night then back for a show Easter Sunday day. It would make sense to stay over night and not do the long drive back and forward. For me its 130k round trip. I am up there on the 3rd so I will check it out and see if they have any showers, will report back.

Are you sure you sent it to the right address [email protected] I have never had a problem getting a reply to emails. Camping is NOT allowed at Durack officially or unofficially due to local council regulations. The last report was that they were going through the process of getting approval for camping but it had not come through.