Sasha's Blend

Well my beautiful Sasha has just been diagnosed with arthritis and I am looking at ways to make her more comfortable. Her guessimate age was 4, but she's a rescue so not too sure. She is a lab.

She will be getting weekly injections from 10 days from now, she's currently on anti-inflamtories and will need to have Sasha's blend added to her food.

Is there anyone who has had experience with this before?

We have our elderly girl on Glyde.

We tried Joint Guard and Sasha's Blend but they didn't seem to be doing much other than emptying my purse. I heard about Glyde on here and figured we'd give it a try.

We started seeing results very quickly. It's worked so well that she no longer has the cartrophen boosters or daily rimadyl tablets, just 2 scoops of Glyde daily.

It's not cheap but we've been able to get the 360 gram tubs for $89.00 from Value Vet Products.

I had a rescue who had been left with a broken hip before I got her. Consequently she developed arthritis in middle age. She was on sasha's blend to begin with plus fish oil. As she got older and her arthritis got worse the sasha's blend didn't seem to be working and I switched her to joint guard. Joint guard has msm in it which is an anti-inflamatory - I don't think sasha's blend has that in it. Joint guard plus fish oil plus dried oregano seemed to work well until probably the last 2-3 years of her life (she lived to 15) when we added in metacam.

Poochie was on the arthritis injection annually (after an initial weekly booster set-up I think it was) along with Rimadyl tablets and Glyde powder. It was a fantastic combination and eventually she was weaned off the injections and Rimadyl.

She weighed under 10 kilos so after the initial 1 scoop daily, it was cut back to half a scoop so wasn't too costly for us. I can't recommend Glyde enough. It's a fantastic product and helped Poochie out so much!!

thanks for your comments everyone. ill be taking this info to my vet to figure out whats best for my sasha

Might also be worth investigating PAWS Osteochews. Made by Blackmores, these are so easy to give and according to a lot of our customers have given visible results within 3 weeks. PAWS also have a capsule which is a stronger mix than the Osteochew and provides pain relief. The capsule can either be opened onto food or given as is and provides the correct dose without air getting to the product until it is opened.

Having had big dogs for a long time, and having tried almost everything on the market over the years, I just wish PAWS had been around for my oldies (or Glyde, which I know little about, but sounds excellent).

Sags

:)