Dangerous Dog Laws

Pitchick

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on my situation,

I have a bullmastiff cross bandog, he has just turned one, a week back.

He is the quietest, most placid dog. Doesn't bark at ppl walking past, does not escape, and all round just loves to sit on you and have a cuddle. So in other words the biggest sook in town.

Yesterday we had the ranger from our local council come round, and give us a notice regarding our boy, the notice pretty much stated that he is a dangerous dog, and more action will be taken.

Does anybody know anything regarding this? As there is no way they are taking my boy, we intend to take this further, but are unclear of our chances. We have done everything right, he is micro chipped and registered as the exact breed he is. He has never endangered anyone, nor even raised a backward ear. If anything, it would be death by licks from him.

You didn't know dogs like that are in the spotlight 12 months ago when you aquired him??.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on my situation,

I have a bullmastiff cross bandog, he has just turned one, a week back.

He is the quietest, most placid dog. Doesn't bark at ppl walking past, does not escape, and all round just loves to sit on you and have a cuddle. So in other words the biggest sook in town.

Yesterday we had the ranger from our local council come round, and give us a notice regarding our boy, the notice pretty much stated that he is a dangerous dog, and more action will be taken.

Does anybody know anything regarding this? As there is no way they are taking my boy, we intend to take this further, but are unclear of our chances. We have done everything right, he is micro chipped and registered as the exact breed he is. He has never endangered anyone, nor even raised a backward ear. If anything, it would be death by licks from him.

You didn't know dogs like that are in the spotlight 12 months ago when you aquired him??.

I'm guessing you mean "landsharks". :mad

Neither of those breeds are on the restricted list, so therefore it shouldn't be declared dangerous if it's done nothing wrong.

Rebecca you have to fight it, the council hasn't got a leg to stand on if your dog has done nothing wrong.

ps: The boy in my avatar was a Bandogge, so I know how sooky & loving they are. :thumbsup:

I'm guessing you mean "landsharks".

Neither of those breeds are on the restricted list, so therefore it shouldn't be declared dangerous if it's done nothing wrong.

No I don't mean landsharks, I mean dogs who's breed identity can be misconstrude as containing restricted breeds creating unecessary dramas for the owners, however, there is an easy way to avoid this situation by either not purchasing dogs of restricted breed likeness or if the choice of breed can resemble restricted breeds, purchase papered dogs. People IMHO need to be educated in this situation to understand the present legislation trends that if you do purchase/aquire a dog of restricted breed likeness that you can't easily prove the dog's ancestory, you may be vulnerable to problems arising is the point I am making.

It's best to leave the name of 'Bandog' well alone imo. Don't even mention it as a type of dog, stick to the cross that it is. and if the cross has APBT in it then leave that name out as well.

The purebreed Bullmastiff is a Bandog by definition for heavens sake, but it is not called that.