A Snake Catcher Video

snake catcher

That's great.

My OH said he would have chopped the poor things head off :eek: Hopefully he now thinks it would be a better idea to give you a call.

Do you reckon that poor lady will be freaking out now that she knows so many snakes are living next door? She didn't seem comortable with the whole thing at all.

OT Is it true that if you have blue tongue lizards you are unlikely to have snakes (native ones)? OH's family has a farm on MP and we've never seen a snake. But there are quite a few blues and there used to be a huge (like over a meter) gecko type creature.

I sorta feel sorry for the snakes being kept in a plastic container - seems totally wrong to me..

Yes, it cant be much of a life for them. Snake breeders us this tub rack system and although it looks cruel and nasty,and I would not keep adult snakes like this, the dimentions of the tubs do meet the DSE rules and regs.

Anyway, here is another video from yesterday.

Edited by snake catcher

I sorta feel sorry for the snakes being kept in a plastic container - seems totally wrong to me..

I am glad the little guy went home though (and did not get his head chopped off)...

As much as I dislike snakes keeping them like that seems cruel.

I know pythons are different.

Nice to have a happy ending, although like some of the other posters I like bigger enclosures!

OT Is it true that if you have blue tongue lizards you are unlikely to have snakes (native ones)? OH's family has a farm on MP and we've never seen a snake. But there are quite a few blues and there used to be a huge (like over a meter) gecko type creature.

Old wives tale ;)

Yes, bluetongues and snakes will live together, it is an old wives tale.

Big bluetongues eat heaps of baby snakes though.

Im not a collecter of reptiles but I do have a few pets.

These are my enclosures for them but i have cleaned the glass and addded plants, ect to the enclosures.

Edited by snake catcher

Thought of you yesterday.

OH was checking the sheep and they were grazing near the boundry fence. On the post or rather around the fence post was a very large tiger snake. It's head was at the top, it was wrapped around the post a few times and it's tail a few inches from the ground. He came home to get the video camera but it had gone.

We can only think he was trying to get away from the sheep.

OSoSwift, can you buy the OH a cheap digi camera

to keep handy or at least get him to use the camera on the mobile phone.

You never know what you might see.

My friend took this footage af a goanna and a brownsnake sharing the same home in the wild on her WA property.

If the snake catcher in our region didn't take over and hour and a half to attend a call then I think the brown snake in our yard last year would have had the same happy ending. I hate the loss of life but when a snake was under my daughter's bedroom window and only 3 metres from the back it's just not good.

We have, however, learned (we'd only brought they ppty a few months prior and old owners were tree huggers)and every sleeper, boulder, shrub and creeper has been removed and all leaf litter (that was over 1ft deep) was burned. We have 8 Guniea Fowl and at the bottom of the perimeter fences we have attached wood (covered in sump oil - got told it was good deterant, that the snakes would prefer a easier route). Touch wood we have not seen one single snake for the past two summers but our neighbours have had 2 in the last 4 weeks :eek:

Seems like youre trying to do the right thing Silvawillow, apart from the dead snake,

I hope you never see another snake there but dont get

complacent and go barefoot through the grass after a few vinos.

This video is not a happy cute one, but it is short.

Dont watch it if you are sensitve.

OSoSwift, can you buy the OH a cheap digi camera

to keep handy or at least get him to use the camera on the mobile phone.

You never know what you might see.

My friend took this footage af a goanna and a brownsnake sharing the same home in the wild on her WA property.

It was of course the pretty much only time he didn't have his phone!!

He was very annoyed at himself :) I immediately thought of you and thought you would have liked to see it.

My phone doesn't have a camera - bit old but will get one when I get a new phone :)

• 2 weeks later...