Pup Won't Pee

dasha

Wilbur has NO shame. Last week he pooped on the sidewalk of our local high street shopping area while we were walking to a cafe :laugh: A few months ago he pooped while he was in the water at the beach; it had to be a sight watching me trying to catch his floaters in the waves :rofl:

:rofl: Mine has no shame either, although when he poops on walks he first has to lift his leg to pee and them starts pooping while one back leg is still in the air :confused:

Our Kelpie bitch will do this, start out with a wee (usually marking where the other dog has weed) and end up having a poo as well....We call it the Kelpie Segway (sp) :rofl:

Dasha, I have probs with our ridgy who will not poo unless there is some sort of bush to hide under - and it has to be THE right tree or bush....Quite difficult if we are away from home with no shrubbage!!! I do manage to get her to wee, thank goodness - but sometimes that takes alot of me saying "Wee" in the most ridiculous voices!!!

I hope you find a way of training to toilet, must be uncomfortable for him!

Well at this point in time there is no time to train him before we go. I have tomorrow that I am working and then he will come to work with me on Thurs am at 5am and wait til I finish at 2ish and then a 5 hour trip to Dubbo. So hopefully he will toilet some time on Thurs during the day at work so I can drive at ease that he won't spring a leak on the way.

Once there, he will just have to hold or burst i'm afraid.

He needs to get over it.

I am hoping to sell him at a dog auction in 2 months so would like him to be able to concentrate to work rather than be trying to hold his bladder LOL

And whoever buys him will certainly not be using any toilet training cue's to get him to piddle. So I would rather him just get over it himself

Edited by dasha

my girl won't pee when she is out - well rarely anyway - and never on lead.

She will poo on lead though - cos she doesn't seem to be able to 'hold' her poo.

Had an interesting time when we were away. She ended up peeing in her bedding overnight each night cos she couldn't hold it and wouldn't go before bedtime.

I do need to teach her to pee on command.

And whoever buys him will certainly not be using any toilet training cue's to get him to piddle.

We have working sheep dogs ..and they are very used to being told what to do ..whether its' "Go and have a pee".. "have a swim" ...or commands around the sheep.

so would like him to be able to concentrate to work rather than be trying to hold his bladder

Most folks out this way always let their dogs off the chain or out of a run and tell them to "toilet" ..in various forms of language ;) It is a necessary thing ..as no one enjoys dogs peeing in the backs of utes , or stopping to pee/poo when you send them out in a hurry to catch a straggler or stop bolting sheep ! They need to be emptied out and ready to go :)

LOL I just remembered back around 45 years ago, my Pop's sheepdogs ..one in particular.

Now Pop was old school.. his dogs were tough, and had more rough treatment than nice dinners ..but they lived long productive working lives .. When Pop told them to go pee before heading off to work ..they would ..and one especially would then look at Pop, who'd say .."well, you'd better go again" ..and so , up would go the hind leg ,and another post would be decorated ..this would go for ages..and as kids, we thought it was great fun :)

Edited by persephone