Vet Recommendation For Sports Dog

megan_

Hi All,

I'm after a recommendation for a vet that is used to dealing with sports dogs and possible, very well hidden, low grade pain issues. As per my thread in training, something isn't 100% with Fergus and I want to find out what. I've taken him to our normal vets and everything appears to be fine. He is VERY stoic and doesn's show pain (when he has severe gastro 2 years ago and the vet scrunched his tummy, he simply closed his eyes a bit. The vet was shocked when he saw the xray and said most dogs would have bitten him for inflicing that sort of pain).

So I'm after a vet who:

* knows about skeletal stuff

* is a problem solver, not "he's eating, playing, stools are normal so he's okay" kind of vet.

I know there are lots of great vets out there, but I'm looking for one who has a LOT of experience in dealing with sporting dogs.

Thanks,

Megan

Hi Megan,

I'd recommend Ray Ferguson at Monash Vet too. He has been very good with our great dane x who has some back issues. He's recommended stretches etc as well as pain relief. He also breeds Greyhounds. I found him to be very good.