2 Dog Attacks On Children Over Night

k9angel

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish when they reported dog attacks, that unless they know for sure WHAT the breed is, they shouldnt mention breed at all! It does nothing but increase bias towards particular breeds, most time unnecessarily.....It shits me to tears when they report that a staffy X, or Pitbull X or whatever X has attacked someone, then show a picture and the poor dog doesnt resemble the breed whatsoever!

The dog they showed last night - whatever the poor creature was, was definitely NOT a happy dog, or one that shouldve been anywhere nears kids! It certainly wasnt behaving like a pet Id like to have!

And yes RR's were bred to bay lions, but hunt down smaller game and protect families from intruders.......They are quite capable of attacking something, be it animal or human :(

Maybe the owner over the RR was a lion hunter :bolt:

They were bred to hunt lions many years ago. They are now bred as pets. Given that most breeds were originally bred to have jobs, should we only have pets that thatwerent bred 100 years ago for a job? Should we only have pugs and cavs?

I must say that the breed knowledge shown on this forum sometimes is astounding!

They were bred to hunt lions many years ago. They are now bred as pets. Given that most breeds were originally bred to have jobs, should we only have pets that thatwerent bred 100 years ago for a job? Should we only have pugs and cavs?

I must say that the breed knowledge shown on this forum sometimes is astounding!

Yes, that's why I made the comment.. I was being sarcastic ;)

but now that I think about it.. if the world was full of just pugs and cavs it would be a better place :D

Yes, that's why I made the comment.. I was being sarcastic ;)

but now that I think about it.. if the world was full of just pugs and cavs it would be a better place :D

Nothing against pugs or cavs but i also beg to differ ;) :D

Hunt lions I think

thats right, the RR was originaly bred in Africa to hunt lions & other wild game :)

Not quite right, from what I have read of them. The "Hottentot" was the dog who originated from Africa and was the breed of dog used for 'worrying' lions - IOW, keeping the lion in a spot so the hunter could catch up and kill the lion.

The Hottentot was taken from Africa and its breed and temperament was 'stabilised' to something more gentle and suitable as what could be akin to a 'pet dog', using breeds such as (and this part is unclear and tends to vary depending on what you're reading) GSP's, Bloodhounds, Greyhounds, other sighthounds. I even read somewhere that Labrador could be in the mix somewhere, but I'm uncertain of the validity of that.

Edited by Erny