Surepet Kmart Dry Dog Food

Carlo11

I attend a vet whose practice is located in a suburb which could certainly be classed as disadvantaged.He is very well priced for his services and never turns clients away regardless of ability to pay.

Anyway,I was asking him recently about dry dog food and which brands he could recommend to me . .. He said Surepet from Kmart at $9 for an 8kg bag was a pretty good food overall.I personally wouldnt want to use it but was wondering if anyone had tried it and was it any good?Does Kmart buy it from a dog food manufacturer or is it made just for them?

I have been using Supercoat but am going to make the move to ProPlan.

Personally I wouldn't touch it but some dogs do fine on the cheap, cereal based kibbles, especially if fed in conjunction with lots of RMB's. I wouldn't feed it to Pearl though.

Actually, my two Maremmas are fed a cheap working dog food and do well in it - but the three house pets wouldn't thrive on it at all.

Wow that's pretty cheap. I used to feed this sort of cheap kibble to my dogs years ago. The cheaper the better. Nowdays I am better educated and feed better quality. Judging by the cheap price I would say it's not very good or healthy to feed your dog long term. Although like I said I used to and my dogs lived to a good old age. They did poop alot and I thought that was normal, now I am feeding better quality and my dogs only poop once or twice a day and the poops they do do quickly decompose. I still buy cheap kibble, it has it's place for when we are busy or someone forgot to get the dog meat outta the freezer, but makes up maybe only 10% of their diet.

Personally I wouldn't touch it but some dogs do fine on the cheap, cereal based kibbles, especially if fed in conjunction with lots of RMB's. I wouldn't feed it to Pearl though.

Actually, my two Maremmas are fed a cheap working dog food and do well in it - but the three house pets wouldn't thrive on it at all.

I would never feed it to Pearl! I just wondered if anyone had bought it and how they found it . . .I really had to wonder what was in it for that price.Ugh!