Conoptal Viscous Eye Drops

mysticpaw

I'm hoping you may be able to help me please. My Siberian Husky ( female 7 years old " Jatz" ) suffered from glaucoma last year and unfortunately lost sight in her right eye. We were advised that she may have to have the eye removed due to ongoing infections but our vet first prescribed a combination of treatments using Xalatan eye drops and Conoptal viscous eye drops. We have continued this treatment ( one drop every morning and evening ) now for nearly twelve months without any further deterioration in the eye and no further infections.... so all is good. Unfortunately Bayer are no longer distributing the Conoptal in Australia and the new distributor ( Dermcare ) will not have any stock for release until at least March, possibly later. We ran out of Conoptal and tried another product ( Ilium Opticin ) but that does not seem to work and the eye's condition began to worsen. I've managed to find 2 x 3gm tubes by contacting vets and Dermcare directly and her eye has recovered again, but this supply will only last for another 2 weeks or so.

Is there anyone able to source some of this product for me? I can provide a veterinary prescription if required and can reimburse you via electronic funds transfer, credit card, paypal or whatever works best for you.

Hope someone out there can help my girl.

What about this place?

http://www.theveterinarypharmacy.com.au/prescription.php?id=2216

Oops just realised their website says "Unfortunately we are unable to sell prescription medicines until our pharmacy license is approved. We are expecting approval in January 2012. Apologies for the inconvenience."

Maybe they'll be approved soon.

Edited by moosepup

Perhaps all of us that work at vet clinics around Australia can check to see if we have any left on the shelf.

Come on Australian vet nurses have a look at your practice.

I won't be at work until next week but I will check then.

Perhaps all of us that work at vet clinics around Australia can check to see if we have any left on the shelf.

Come on Australian vet nurses have a look at your practice.

I won't be at work until next week but I will check then.

Thank you so much Fordogs. :thumbsup: Even if people could ask their local vet.

I understand that they have their own clients, but if they have any to spare it would

be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for all your support, for my little red girl.

It looks like we should be OK for a while.

Will organise all the paper work with our vet tomorrow and hopefully the product

will be available soon.

Once again thank you to every one that took the time to read this and help if they

could.