Rescue Near Gladstone Qld

Hi, a friend of a friend needs to rehome her 2 girls.

they have recently moved to a property and the girls(Gemma and Bessie) are not copeing with farm life.

she had them on facebook looking for homes for them, but i just expressed my concern that they might be used as breeding machines by BYB's.

i have convinced her to try and contact some rescue orgnisations tht maybe able to help.

i'm in nsw, so not familiar whith who operates in the area.

can anyone point me in the right direction of rescue groups in the area please?

There's a volunteer group in Gladstone called Friends of the RSPCA, who foster and rehome dogs they take in. I have no idea if those 2 doggies fit into the category they accept into this program. But maybe your friend could make enquiries. As you've brought up the worry about undesexed dogs, maybe your friend could also consider getting them desexed.

Details here:

http://adoptioncentregladstone.com/joomla/index.php/faq.html

Hi, a friend of a friend needs to rehome her 2 girls.

they have recently moved to a property and the girls(Gemma and Bessie) are not copeing with farm life.

she had them on facebook looking for homes for them, but i just expressed my concern that they might be used as breeding machines by BYB's.i have convinced her to try and contact some rescue orgnisations tht maybe able to help.

i'm in nsw, so not familiar whith who operates in the area.

can anyone point me in the right direction of rescue groups in the area please?

Just a thought, but if they have only moved recently, maybe the girls just need a little more time to settle to their new home??? :shrug:

Has the owner sought help or even tried to rectify the problem(s) with them not coping?.

I also take it they are not desexed. :( Could the owner not get this done prior to rehoming?

Hope it all works out for them. :crossfingers:

There's a volunteer group in Gladstone called Friends of the RSPCA, who foster and rehome dogs they take in. I have no idea if those 2 doggies fit into the category they accept into this program. But maybe your friend could make enquiries. As you've brought up the worry about undesexed dogs, maybe your friend could also consider getting them desexed.

Details here:

http://adoptioncentregladstone.com/joomla/index.php/faq.html

Friends of the RSPCA do not take direct surrenders from the public.

They will only take them from the pound system or from the RSPCA system.

Best Friends Rescue (BFR) is located in south east queensland but started out as a staffy rescue. They could be worth contacting to see if with some transport options the dogs can be brought down this way. The group desexes before rehoming and has a fairly high rehome rate at present, including with a lot of staffords. You will find them on Facebook and they have a website with details about surrendering and their email and phone contact details.

My advice if she loves the dogs is to first get a behaviouralist in to see what can be done to settle them into their new environment. It may not cost her an arm and a leg as she thinks. Next, if she rehomes locally PLEASE make sure she desexes her girls first. Some councils and vets run cheaper desexing programs so again, it doesn't have to cost a lot.

thanks for the imput.

i dont know this person , she is just a friend of a friend, and when i read that she was looking to rehome them and they were undesexed, alarm bells went off in my head, it wasnt till i said to her that people might try to get them , to be breeding machines that she actually thought of it. :eek:

thanks and i will pass on the ideas given

i have suggested she get them desexed first too