Susan Garrett Running Contacts

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the Agility Click email and one from Susan as well (on her mailing list). That's all she has said about it so far. The course will include step by step instructions for stopped contacts and foundations for running contacts.

OK so it sounds like the foundation for her running contacts is going to be included in the online contact course that she is starting soon :thumbsup:

Awesome - sooner than I thought. Might hold off a little longer on retraining that dogwalk contact. :o

Cost will depend on what everyone said they'd pay for it in the survey :provoke: :laugh:

Edited by Jess.

• 1 month later...

Yeah too much for me, almost NZ$800 for basic course, hoping one of my agility friends will do it and I can steal ideas from them!

Have started the basics of 2o2o with Elsie, would prefer running contacts though, but still undecided...

Some of the components look similar to Recallers - has some of the same games for the building drive to work section (these would probably be in any course of hers as they are the foundation of all her work - Crate Games, Its Yer Choice etc). She also does not want students to share all of the information with others who have not done the course.

There are other methods of running contacts if you can't afford to do her course but still want running contacts.

Anyone else feel as though Susan has become so commercial? I loved the Recallers course but was so put off about constant emails about upgrades and other products and courses etc.

Wow - I can't afford it because I'm doing the Derret course and that was almost $600. I think people in the US are prepared to pay a lot more for training courses than we are. It is a pity that the cost is so high as I would have loved to do it just for the games.

Anyone else feel as though Susan has become so commercial? I loved the Recallers course but was so put off about constant emails about upgrades and other products and courses etc.

Yes!! The barrage of emails throughout November trying to get me to sign up for something I was already doing drove me up the wall, to the extent I emailed and complained. I suggested that they find a way of splitting their email distribution list into those who were already signed onto the current program and those who weren't. Apparently it's not that easy :confused:

That said, she is brilliant at what she does and I've found her better in this format than I found her seminar in real life. Contacts would be a two or three day workshop, add travel and accommodation, time off work etc and it makes $600 look pretty bloody cheap. You can work through it in your own time, and you can take more in because it's not such a huge rush of information.

Go back even as early as two years ago and there wouldn't be an online course to work through at all. I think we're really lucky that we're able to access such awesome trainers and handlers via online courses and have gone from having nothing of the sort to being spoilt for choice.

Edited by Jess.

Yes!! The barrage of emails throughout November trying to get me to sign up for something I was already doing drove me up the wall, to the extent I emailed and complained. I suggested that they find a way of splitting their email distribution list into those who were already signed onto the current program and those who weren't. Apparently it's not that easy :confused:

That said, she is brilliant at what she does and I've found her better in this format than I found her seminar in real life. Contacts would be a two or three day workshop, add travel and accommodation, time off work etc and it makes $600 look pretty bloody cheap. You can work through it in your own time, and you can take more in because it's not such a huge rush of information.

Go back even as early as two years ago and there wouldn't be an online course to work through at all. I think we're really lucky that we're able to access such awesome trainers and handlers via online courses and have gone from having nothing of the sort to being spoilt for choice.

This bothered me too, I actually unsubscribed to her newsletter for a while because every single one was about trying to get me to buy something or sign up for something.

It should be as easy as separate the already signed up subscribers from the not yet signed up into to two separate email groups, then be able to send one group an email without emailing the other. Hubby runs an online newsletter system, and that's how they do it, and I thought that's how it's done these days. Maybe SG is using one that doesn't allow it, or they have decided to it takes to much effort to check who has signed up and who hasn't.

But for the contacts course I had to give them permission to send me updates specific to the course, so maybe they do things differently now?

Oh I forgot to say, I'm in for stopped contacts too :) Love SG's training style, and even though we only do agility for fun and want to focus mainly on obedience, I think there's loads to learn and I can adapt things for obedience.

SG has now promised bonus content for start line stays as well, which I think will be a great help for any stay.