Now Dog Meat, Another Abuse Of Man/woman's Best Friend?

gwp4me

The chief executive of the state government authority responsible for meat safety, PrimeSafe, Brian Casey, said they found no evidence of dogs being killed on the property.

Doesn't mean he hadn't done it before; and you also can't believe everything you read in the papers.

The public NEVER gets the full story.

Government departments are very wary about confirming anything to do with the killing of dogs for human consumption in this country, so as not to provoke a backlash against certain groups in society who think eating dogs is acceptable.

The chief executive of the state government authority responsible for meat safety, PrimeSafe, Brian Casey, said they found no evidence of dogs being killed on the property.

Doesn't mean he hadn't done it before; and you also can't believe everything you read in the papers.

But the public often gets a lot of trumped up junk, some part of which is racist. Remember the story about eating koala a few months back . . . .except it turned out that the animal was a bamboo rat.

Government departments are very wary about confirming anything to do with the killing of dogs for human consumption in this country, so as not to provoke a backlash against certain groups in society who think eating dogs is acceptable.

If this was a dog abattoir, why were there so many LIVE dogs on the property??

Dog eating is not widespread in most "groups" you refer to. Animal cruelty is a big issue in this country and my guess is that you are a member of a "group" that's as guilty of it as any other.

Rest assured, if the media can find an angle that taps into common prejudices and ignorance, they'll use it. Nothing like shocking the public to sell column inches in the paper.

Dog fighting is a bigger issue for dogs than consumption. So is neglect and ignorance.

Edited by Telida Whippets

A small snippet I found in todays Age.

PUPPY farmers have nothing to fear from RSPCA if the poor animals on the Rockbank property are any indication. It seems that someone, as observed by reliable witnesses, can have 23 dogs, presumably without council permits and no doubt unregistered, not provide clean water or adequate food, keep them in squalid conditions and farm them for an illegal meat trade.

This was in the editorial I believe, OH ripped it out so I can't be sure, but sadly, they didn't put their name to it so it lacks credibility when that happens IMO. Terms such as "reliable witnesses", "no doubt" and "presumably" do nothing to further this.

Edited by LizT

I reckon it was a pig that was hung up and had it's hair removed with a blowtorch, pretty common practice for any hair remaining after scalding and scraping. Brian Casey was more then likely asked about the killing of dogs for meat on the property and responded with the above comment.

The whole story stinks to be honest. No real evidence of cruelty, the whole reason for the raid.

It seems the biggest crime here is keeping two pit bulls. Poor dogs, what a shame they were "rescued" to be legally slaughtered.