Eaglehawk Kennel Club

Vacuna

I really like these shows indoors and I know they are looking at sorting the slippery floor problem but it certainly could have been helped by cleaning up dog hair after you groomed (to those who didn't bother - and there were plenty). I organised a couple of others to help me sweep our ring before judging started as on the day, "it is what it is" and we need to make the best of it. I am not making excuses for the Clubs (I was also a competitor that almost went a-over-t) but as they just rent the facility, they are doing everything they can to allow mats etc to be laid. It is not all that easy from what I have heard. I am sure someone from the committee could be asked to make a statement regarding this - I spoke with them afterwards and they want change also but can only do what they are allowed.

I think it's fantastic that the club is taking the feedback on board! Is there a rule on what runways have to be made out of - just curious? Even just a piece of carpet for the dog to be stacked on while being examined would be a great step.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bohunt you are so right. Because we were there to the end I saw the disgusting mess left by exhibitors near me with coated breed. They had made no effort to pick up the fur off the floor.

The other thing exhibitors were asked to not let the dogs cock on the plants as they were on loan. Did this request get heeded no. Bad enough letting your dog pee inside anyway. Same thing happens at the Boxhall Pavillion.