Anyone Tried Xp30/20?

Joblo

This thread is over 3 years old....how did it manage to get revived :confused::confused:

Dave-O laugh.gif

Wrote a review on the dog food review site and was asking if anyone fed it :)

I can see that....but the last post before his was 9th March 2012. Any topic that hasn't had a comment made on it for over twelve months, can't be commented on....or does this just happen to me :shrug: Trivial, I know but just wondering how he did it This is the message I get on post that are over twelve months old....

Old topic!

This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

Yes please...as there are lots of old threads that I would like to see re-opened :)

i have seen those also. But am assuming they have to be closed by troy?

Or perhaps have the ability to be reopened? Dave-O share your magic :D

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is over 3 years old....how did it manage to get revived :confused::confused:

Dave-O laugh.gif

Wrote a review on the dog food review site and was asking if anyone fed it :)

I can see that....but the last post before his was 9th March 2012. Any topic that hasn't had a comment made on it for over twelve months, can't be commented on....or does this just happen to me :shrug: Trivial, I know but just wondering how he did it This is the message I get on post that are over twelve months old....

Old topic!

This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

i have seen those also. But am assuming they have to be closed by troy?

Or perhaps have the ability to be reopened? Dave-O share your magic :D

Yes please...share your magic. I often come on an old thread & would like to see it re-opened

Chicken meal, ground corn, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E),

Oatgroats, dried beet pulp, dried egg product,

Yeast culture, lecithin, dicalcium phosphate, chicken flavour, flaxseed, dried tomato pomace,

Salt, potassium chloride, calcium propionate (preservative), inulin,

Yeast extract, DL-methionine, L-lysine, choline chloride,

Glucosamine sulphate, yucca schidigera extract, citric acid, fumaric acid, malic acid, lactic acid,

Chondroitin sulphate, L-carnitine,

Dried blueberry, dried cranberry, dried carrot, dried apple,

Dried spinach, dried broccoli, dried orange, dried carob, dried thyme, dried ginger,

Ferrous sulphate, zinc oxide, vitamin E supplement, sodium selinite, zinc proteinate,

Ascorbic acid (vitamin C), iron proteinate, manganous oxide, niacin, calcium pantothenate,

Copper sulphate, manganese proteinate, vitamin A acetate, inositol, biotin,

Vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate,

Copper proteinate, vitamin D3 supplement, calcium iodate, folic acid.

Oh goodness.....that's not quality on any level.

Chicken meal, ground corn, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E),

Yeast culture, lecithin, dicalcium phosphate, chicken flavour, flaxseed, dried tomato pomace,

Glucosamine sulphate, yucca schidigera extract, citric acid, fumaric acid, malic acid, lactic acid,

Dried spinach, dried broccoli, dried orange, dried carob, dried thyme, dried ginger,

Ferrous sulphate, zinc oxide, vitamin E supplement, sodium selinite, zinc proteinate,

Ascorbic acid (vitamin C), iron proteinate, manganous oxide, niacin, calcium pantothenate,

Vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate,

I wouldn't be so harsh, but comparing this food with similar food reviewed on this site, I wonder why it got 3 stars out of 5 while similar ones are rated with only one star....especially considering that the salt concentration is not even disclosed in the 'guaranteed analyses'.

I have absolutely no idea :laugh:

I've had that message before saying you can't reopen an old thread. I was just researching the food and it let me reopen it. MAGIC!!

Lot's of Aussie manufacturers have arisen since 2012 - Black Hawk, Ivory Coat, Stay Loyal, Meals for Mutts, Applaws (made in Aus, although company is from the UK).

XP3020 was imported from the US but is now becoming an Australian food. They're changing the formula to include brown rice instead of corn, but I'll have to see if they change anything else.

XP3020 was imported from the US but is now becoming an Australian food. They're changing the formula to include brown rice instead of corn, but I'll have to see if they change anything else.

are you sure about this?...I couldn't find anything about dog food linked to "XP3020" on US websites ...all information is linked to Australien websites. Furthermore I used the contact button "Email Us" on their webpage asking them about the salt concentration just to get the message 'The following recipient(s) cannot be reached'...

are you sure about this?...I couldn't find anything about dog food linked to "XP3020" on US websites ...all information is linked to Australien websites. Furthermore I used the contact button "Email Us" on their webpage asking them about the salt concentration just to get the message 'The following recipient(s) cannot be reached'...

Yep, this is a direct quote from the the company on 20th October 2015 by email to one of the readers of Pet Food Reviews:

You may also be interested to know that, up to now, XP3020 has been imported from the USA. As from this month, XP3020 is not only Australian Owned, but will be Australian Made.

So previously I assume they were an Australian company but the food was made in the US and shipped to Australia.

Oh, and...

There is also a change to the formula to remove Corn from the food, and use Brown Rice in its place, so from now on XP3020 is a Chicken and Brown Rice food. XP3020 is now Australia's own World Class Dog Food, a fact which the company is very proud of.

Not quite sure about the last sentence, but...

.... Furthermore I used the contact button "Email Us" on their webpage asking them about the salt concentration just to get the message 'The following recipient(s) cannot be reached'...

...my mistake, there was something wrong with my email account...their email address worked now...

after sorting out my email account issue and sending my RFI again, I received a very comprehensive response from XP2030 approx. 3 hours later stating that the salt concentration is only 0.4%. That's actually very good - most other brands will have something like "...max. 1%...' or even a higher threshold on the package. Still, should be mentioned on their website or the package in the first place.

Salt is a crucial mineral for every dog, but as it is appealing to dogs (humans are not different here) they usually will prefer food with a higher, unhealthy salt concentration (again, like their owners). I guess that's why a lot of treats (most?) have a very high salt concentration, e.g. 3-4%...so the dog accepts them as 'treats'.

Just an example: for a scenario where you feed 50% of the daily consumption normal food that has a salt conc. 1% and the other 50% as various treats where the treats have an average salt concentration of 3% your dog's daily diet has indeed a salt conc. of 2%!!!... which equals 2 gr of salt in every 100 gr of food...far too much and therefore really, really unhealthy.

after sorting out my email account issue and sending my RFI again, I received a very comprehensive response from XP2030 approx. 3 hours later stating that the salt concentration is only 0.4%. That's actually very good - most other brands will have something like "...max. 1%...' or even a higher threshold on the package. Still, should be mentioned on their website or the package in the first place.

Salt is a crucial mineral for every dog, but as it is appealing to dogs (humans are not different here) they usually will prefer food with a higher, unhealthy salt concentration (again, like their owners). I guess that's why a lot of treats (most?) have a very high salt concentration, e.g. 3-4%...so the dog accepts them as 'treats'.

Just an example: for a scenario where you feed 50% of the daily consumption normal food that has a salt conc. 1% and the other 50% as various treats where the treats have an average salt concentration of 3% your dog's daily diet has indeed a salt conc. of 2%!!!... which equals 2 gr of salt in every 100 gr of food...far too much and therefore really, really unhealthy.

Unless...of course, like me, you either feed home made treats or the 100% all natural, no added salt ones, like Loyalty Pet Treats make :)

Unless...of course, like me, you either feed home made treats or the 100% all natural, no added salt ones, like Loyalty Pet Treats make :)

of course :D ...I just wanted to highlight that there are absolutely no merits in spending good money for quality dog food and then ruining the whole diet with not so good treats!...problem with our dog is: she likes the 'rubbish' treats more than the healthy ones!...like our kids when it comes to fruits vs. sweets...

Edited by Willem

I wouldn't be so harsh, but comparing this food with similar food reviewed on this site, I wonder why it got 3 stars out of 5 while similar ones are rated with only one star....especially considering that the salt concentration is not even disclosed in the 'guaranteed analyses'.

I indeed will be so harsh...ground corn as the 2nd ingredient? No good enough especially when a company is calling a product world class. Not on.

Chicken meal, brown rice, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E), poultry digest, potato starch, dried egg, dried beet pulp, yeast, flaxseed oil, lecithin, high spec vitamins and minerals, salt, ammonium chloride, potassium chloride, calcium, inulin, dried broccoli, dried carrot, dried cranberry, dried orange juice, dried spinach, dried blueberry, dried apple, dried tomato, DL-methionine, L-lysine, choline chloride, glucosamine sulphate, yucca schidigera, shark cartilage - a source of chondroitin sulphate, L-carnitine, Naturally preserved with vitamin E and Rosemary Extract.

Chicken meal, brown rice, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E), poultry digest, potato starch, dried egg, dried beet pulp, yeast, flaxseed oil, lecithin, high spec vitamins and minerals, salt, ammonium chloride, potassium chloride, calcium, inulin, dried broccoli, dried carrot, dried cranberry, dried orange juice, dried spinach, dried blueberry, dried apple, dried tomato, DL-methionine, L-lysine, choline chloride, glucosamine sulphate, yucca schidigera, shark cartilage - a source of chondroitin sulphate, L-carnitine, Naturally preserved with vitamin E and Rosemary Extract.

yes, the corn has been swapped for brown rice (that's good) according to their website, but the rating and sas and my previous comments refer to the old formula (with corn and no salt conc. mentioned).