Recent Rescue

Hes a great looking dog but if he has had so many homes, other than no pocket pets, are there other behavioural or training issues?

or has the poor love just had the worst run of luck with bad owners?

There are heaps of samoyed breeders in Oz - You are in SA ? have you tried contacting the Samoyed club of South Australia?

they help out with rescues if you are looking for a home for this boy.

and theres 3 samoyed breeders in SA on the main dogzonline page too

He is very happy here, I just am unable to have 3 dogs because we have a 2 dog per house rule with our council.

He is a lovely boy.

He has been wonderful with my daughter (under full supervision), I walked him with the pram to the vets (to weight him) and he walked by my side after a few training session, before it was 'lets rip her arm off', he is an extremely fast learner.

The first home I am unsure of, The furthest back I have gotten is not the person i got him off now but the person before, all because he's too 'hyper' but he has not been 'hyper' here, He's always been skinny i have been told, A dog being THAT thin.. there is no excuse for it! He'll put weight on here and if he doesn't I'll get some tests done to see if there is something underlying.

I have contacted one breeder in SA and got a quick response, which was very nice!

I have in no rush for him to find his forever home because I want him to be fat, desexed, microchipped and healthy before leaving our care.

But we are looking for a home, experienced home.

Please don't let him get fat, Samoyeds should be nice and lean, they can get serious health problems being fat :(

He must be a pretty big dog if he's very very underweight and still 24 kilo!

As Sinta said try contacting the states Samoyed clubs to see if anyone knows him but without a birth date, microchip or any paperwork I don't know that you will have much luck. I really can't tell if he's a pedigree or a BYB boy.

Best of luck finding him a home.

I wont let him get fat, I like them nice and lean too but being able to hold his spine, feel all ribs and hips etc is just not fair on him. I don't like an over weight dog :)

I checked for a chip but there wasn't one, just trying everything to see if anyone might know of him and a little more of his history, having had a lot of previous homes just makes me wonder.

Thank you