Cohuna/kerang

Zensu

Hi everyone!

We have decided to trek to Cohuna/Kerang this year from Adelaide.

Can anyone who has been please give me some info on the best accomodation -motel, caravan park, camping etc? Do many people camp?

Looking forward to going!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Zensu,

There is not much to really choose from, the motels in Cohuna were booked out three weeks go and so was the caravan park, there were still cabins at Barham/Koodrook last week, it's about 23kms away

We were thinking of camping at a powered site at the Caravan park.

Thanks BilboBagins!

Am really looking forward to a weekend away with my hubby. Will be nice and relaxing, hopefully not too hot!

It is always super hot and humid. Saturday is opening for the duck season and while the shooting has never worried my dogs, the shotguns going off do upset a lot of them. Industrial strength fly repellent too. It is a dairy area and the flies stick like glue without it. Surface is always really, really nice there. Just don't set up near the porta lights they have for Friday show. The generators on those are really, really noisy.

The weather isn't bad unless your from the likes of Melbourne :laugh:

The flies are horrid though! Most places in Cohuna will be booked out but we camp on the grounds most years and i only live 30min from there.....its just a really nice weekend out!

Provided you have a good gazebo with mesh walls or a good tent (for the mozzies & flies) camping is good there...lots of people do every year.

Just don't set up near the porta lights they have for Friday show. The generators on those are really, really noisy.

Haha dont worry about the noise... its the insects that flock to the lights that then fall onto the tents or down peoples shirts!! :rofl:

The weather isn't bad unless your from the likes of Melbourne :laugh:

The flies are horrid though! Most places in Cohuna will be booked out but we camp on the grounds most years and i only live 30min from there.....its just a really nice weekend out!

Provided you have a good gazebo with mesh walls or a good tent (for the mozzies & flies) camping is good there...lots of people do every year.

Have Pm'd you Kanati!

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone else hasnt had all there cheques cashed for these shows yet? only 2 of mine have been cashed just getting a little worried some of my entries have gone missing

My hubby rang the secretary today (lovely lady!) and she said becase she and her husband were convening 3 of the shows they were a little backed up, so were cashing all the cheaques today and tomorrow :)

My hubby rang the secretary today (lovely lady!) and she said becase she and her husband were convening 3 of the shows they were a little backed up, so were cashing all the cheaques today and tomorrow :)

Good to hear :) I am looking forward to a nice weekend away !!