Bonnie Puppy

jim1

It's not a 'premium' food and many people will recommend trying something 'better', however I have used this food in the past and the dogs that I raised and continued to feed it to for many years were always very healthy, looked great and had no problems with it. I did also feed raw meaty bones a couple of times a week as well as Bonnie, so that probably helped too.

There are worse foods out there and there a better ones as well, but if your dog is doing well on it and you can't afford to get a premium kibble or feed raw then there is nothing wrong with it.

I have have been using Bonnie on and off for 5 plus years. I am happy with it.

My first choice though it Coprice. Unfortunetly I do not think they do a puppy food. About 5 years ago Coprice and Bonnie were about the same price (Bonnie was a couple of $ more). Coprice seems to be the only dog food that has not gone up. I think it has only gone up a few dollars.

Coprice was recommended to my sister for her dog years ago as her dog has alot of allergies and skin problems. This is the only food she can feed her dog - and she has tried many preium brands. My brothers dog is very fussy and the only dry food he will eat is coprice. They also have tried many premium brands. So it can't be that bad!!

As doberock said it is not a premium food so there is better. But I think it a good midrange product.

I feed my adult dogs on Bonnie Working Dog and have for most of their lives and they do well on it but they also have bones (chicken, beef or lamb)every day, they also have fish oil capsules, eggs, cheese, yoghurt, sardines, vitamin tablets and other things.

I have tried other brands of food but always go back to Bonnie.

My puppies though are fed on ProPlan Chicken.

It's not a 'premium' food and many people will recommend trying something 'better', however I have used this food in the past and the dogs that I raised and continued to feed it to for many years were always very healthy, looked great and had no problems with it. I did also feed raw meaty bones a couple of times a week as well as Bonnie, so that probably helped too.

There are worse foods out there and there a better ones as well, but if your dog is doing well on it and you can't afford to get a premium kibble or feed raw then there is nothing wrong with it.

Same here...My first BC was on it all her life together with daily bones. I wouldn't say she was always healthy or even looked that good, but it was the best I could afford at the time & she lived a very active long life. My now BC girl, I started her on Bonnie Puppy, then went to VAN & now I feed her & my new pup Black Hawk, which is a premium food at a reasonable price & they are both doing well on that. But I agree with dobesrock.