Easing The Itchies

So how strong does the Calendula need to be Erny???? Sorry to hijack the thread :S but our RR girl has feet that smell like cornchips & such an itchy muzzle!! Dietry changes are in the pipeline, so I'd like to ease her itching too :)

I read in another post of his in a different thread that the mix is 2 tablespoons of calendula tea to one cup of water as a minimum (ie. use stronger mix if it's a bad flare up). He also mentioned elsewhere to be sure you get organic calendula tea otherwise it may turn white fur yellow.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how strong does the Calendula need to be Erny???? Sorry to hijack the thread :S but our RR girl has feet that smell like cornchips & such an itchy muzzle!! Dietry changes are in the pipeline, so I'd like to ease her itching too :)

I read in another post of his in a different thread that the mix is 2 tablespoons of calendula tea to one cup of water as a minimum (ie. use stronger mix if it's a bad flare up). He also mentioned elsewhere to be sure you get organic calendula tea otherwise it may turn white fur yellow.

Thank you, Z79 - you're spot on.

And just so you know, I'm a female. Don't worry - I take no offence whatsoever, but I don't want to appear to purposely lead you to the wrong impression. And I didn't take the name "Erny" to purposely mislead anyone - how I derived the name is a small story, but gender ID was not in my thoughts at the time, so my apologies for tripping you up as a result of my DOL name.

Thanks guys :D If I had only looked a bit betterer, I wouldve found the recipe!!

Now I just have to source some organic calendula, which shouldnt be hard!

Hopefully my girl will then stop chewing her toenails, and her feet wont stink like cheesy CC's or Chickadees (if anyone remembers them!)

Thanks guys :D If I had only looked a bit betterer, I wouldve found the recipe!!

Now I just have to source some organic calendula, which shouldnt be hard!

Hopefully my girl will then stop chewing her toenails, and her feet wont stink like cheesy CC's or Chickadees (if anyone remembers them!)

No - it shouldn't be hard, but let me know if you have difficulty. There is one place who I connected with (because of someone here putting up a link, but then I got in touch with her rada rada rada .... Anyway, let me know as I can send you her link and you can purchase on-line from her.

MG - a DOLer did report that the tea she bought stained her dog's white hair yellow. My boy has a small white patch on his chest and this has never stained yellow (and he has had lots of washes with the tea in his earlier 'hive' days). I was curious about this so I sent the DOLer some of the tea I get from my local Health Food Store to try and she reported no problems.

This is why I now make the point of people getting organically grown tea without artificial colouring. Although it is a presumption it is what might have been the cause of the other DOLer's yellowing experience.

:o .... I've forgotten the name of the DOLer in question :dummy: .

Try a test patch first if it is a concern.

It was me that turned my BC yellow and black with Blooms brand calendula tea, so do not recommend that brand if your dog is white.

Thanks Erny....I will try my wonderful local Herbalist (Have you heard of a place called the Tinderbox here in WA???) as Im sure she will either have it or get it in for me :) We went "shopping" there a few weeks ago and I got a dog wash, that contains Golden Seal, Calendula, Yarrow, Lavender, thyme, tea tree and manuka!Just have to dilute it in water for a rinse! She has also produced a wonderful little pamphlet on Herbal dog care.....with a whole bunch of different herbal products for different things!

If you google Cheekyherbs you may be pleasantly surprised :D

Thank you, Z79 - you're spot on.

And just so you know, I'm a female. Don't worry - I take no offence whatsoever, but I don't want to appear to purposely lead you to the wrong impression. And I didn't take the name "Erny" to purposely mislead anyone - how I derived the name is a small story, but gender ID was not in my thoughts at the time, so my apologies for tripping you up as a result of my DOL name.

Oops! Apologies Erny. I shouldn't have assumed that your username had anything to do with your real identity..... especially since i'm a female too but my username is Zak (my dog's name). Lesson learned haha! :laugh: