Responsible Dog Ownership

Chris the Rebel Wolf

The Townsville City Council has begun an advertising campaign urging dog owners to be responsible, which is great to see the effort - even if I have a sneaking suspicion it's election related... funny how these things always pop up before elections isn't it? That's a different story though. You can see the campaign and the TV ad below:

Info:

http://www.townsville.qld.gov.au/resident/animals/dogs/attacks/Pages/default.aspx

Ad:

And I'm more than pleased to see that BSL isn't an issue and is not being paraded out as it so often is... one of the bullet points is that ANY breed is capable of injuring a person or animal. Cannot tell you how happy to see that.

In a perfect world of course ads like this wouldn't be necessary but in the meantime, TCC has my thumbs up for this.

Is anybody else spotting similar adds elsewhere?

I personally think it is a terrific ad and there should be ads all around Australia like this one....good on the Townsville Council for having a go :thumbsup:

I agree there should be more ads all around Australia as well.

We have had too many dog attacks, too many people getting hurt or worse getting killed.

Who can forget the fate of little girl in St. Albans last year? Not me. :(:mad

Its a pity they can't do something like this, & more, in that community in the territory that is posted about in the general forum.

Seems like responsible dog ownership & dog laws only apply to certain parts of Australia.

I often wonder how much dog involved stuff councils & governments get involved in in other countries. ?