Flood Help

Anyone affected by floods in the Wagga Area Im making a dog food [Eukanuba] drop there today for Pacers if anyone needs some help.

I go towards Griffith Naranderra as soon as I can get through

Only Dog Food today but Cat food should be available in the next few days.

Julie

Edited by Steve

RADAR carers in Naranderra and Griffith areas are isolated and could always do with some help..

Update: Carers in Narranderra Leeton & Griffith look like being evacuated tomorrow.. Pounds are being used as refuge for stranded pets and could certainly use the support of anyone able to temp care while houses and fences are rebuilt..

Flood expected to peak on Saturday and with towns already isolated they are making do with what they have.

Rescue groups in the area include.. RADAR, Needy Paws, Best Friends pet rescue.. Not to mention the Wagga rescue groups like Wagga Animal rescue..

Fernleigh has lots of boarding dogs now due to floods and cant take any more..

Thoughts are with those at imminent risk and those trying to clean up.. :grouphug:

Edited by garnali

My family are along that stretch Steve- Wagga to Griffith and i think you are able to get all the way through to Griffith in a 4 wheel drive. I'm not sure you will get past Narrandera though without some major detours.

Darlington Point is still open so you can pass through there if you are able to get through Narrandera. People are passing supplies along by truck. Some of the other roads are also open.

I'm trying to contact my brother and sister in law who are in Griffith but am unable to get through to see how they are but last i heard the roads are mostly open at the moment.

No Im out the other way in - near through Matong - Grong grong area and I dont have a 4 wheel drive anyway

I dropped a heap off today to some people from the Rock and Wagga but it was shit as I had to keep changing roads and turning around to get to where I had to go

Im going back Wagga way again on Tuesday and I will give a yell when the new load arrives.Have already distributed about 5 pallets over the last week or so.

We have some of those bony treat things too.

Yeah. If you don't have a 4 wheel drive it's a waste of time and effort. Though even 4 wheels drives shouldn't be driving through the waters. Learnt that last week. Water in the engine and cracked a pipe underneath causing coolant to leak everywhere. :o

Narrandera road closures are

NARRANDERA ROADS: Last Updated at 13:45pm (Thursday)

CLOSED

Irrigation Way (Leeton Rd)

Grong Grong River Road

Pinehope Road

Bicentennial Road

Angle Road

Pamandi Road

Federal Park Road

Barellan Road

Kamarah Road

Myer Road

MR84 Binya to Barellan

Bogalong Road

Back Morundah Road

Raes Lane

Devlins Bridge Road

Hughenden Road

Erigolia Road - Carrathool Shire

Sturt Highway to Wagga Wagga

Paynters Siding Road

All gravel roads in Narrandera - light and local vehicles only

WATER OVER ROAD - CAUTION ADVISED

Leeton / Colinroobie Road

Old Wagga Road at five mile

Main road from Coolamon to Ganmain

Yeah. If you don't have a 4 wheel drive it's a waste of time and effort. Though even 4 wheels drives shouldn't be driving through the waters. Learnt that last week. Water in the engine and cracked a pipe underneath causing coolant to leak everywhere. :o

Narrandera road closures are

NARRANDERA ROADS: Last Updated at 13:45pm (Thursday)

CLOSED

Irrigation Way (Leeton Rd)

Grong Grong River Road

Pinehope Road

Bicentennial Road

Angle Road

Pamandi Road

Federal Park Road

Barellan Road

Kamarah Road

Myer Road

MR84 Binya to Barellan

Bogalong Road

Back Morundah Road

Raes Lane

Devlins Bridge Road

Hughenden Road

Erigolia Road - Carrathool Shire

Sturt Highway to Wagga Wagga

Paynters Siding Road

All gravel roads in Narrandera - light and local vehicles only

WATER OVER ROAD - CAUTION ADVISED

Leeton / Colinroobie Road

Old Wagga Road at five mile

Main road from Coolamon to Ganmain

I think can get through to Naranderra and the Coolamon to Ganmain - is good now

:thumbsup: How awesome of you. I guess that pets affected in flooded areas are always the forgotten ones, for the most part.

I also think if you were desperate, you could either soak the dog bikkies and make a bit of a porridgey thing for cats, or break the biscuits into smaller pieces, suitable for cats?

• 3 weeks later...

Pacers have got more cat and dog food going out early next week - so if anyone knows anyone in the Wagga- Naranderra - Griffith Albury area who still need a hand Im happy to drop some off along the way - meet half way etc just give me a ring and Ill organise a drop off time .Perrin and Radar do you need any ? 0269276707

Also we are a bit desperate for some donations to cover some hay for some horses and I will be doing some raffles and fundraising to try to cover the delivery expenses and more hay and chook feed and a bit of fencing /penning to hold until the insurance companies get their act together beginning this week .

We would appreciate the support. and we have had some great prizes donated. It appears centrelink have decided to exclude some small towns from being able to get the payment for flood victims even though there are some residents which have lost the lot as not enough people were affected in those areas and the insurance companies are mongrels - either wont cover the stock feed or making people wait indefinitely.

Some people had no insurance and while human welfare services give them a bit of a hand they don't help them with their animals - which they need help with or they cant keep them.

So if anyone needs a hand Im on the move again next week or if you can get to me I can hand some over to you. If you're coming near my place though wear aerogard rofl1.gif

the mozzies are ruthless.

Is there a criteria that people have to meet Steve before they qualify for pet food?

I can ask around for you. The problem is that many people are too proud to ask for handouts for themselves but may accept food for their pets.

In the Griffith area many people have lost wages and will be struggling with the school holidays coming up.

Is there a criteria that people have to meet Steve before they qualify for pet food?

I can ask around for you. The problem is that many people are too proud to ask for handouts for themselves but may accept food for their pets.

In the Griffith area many people have lost wages and will be struggling with the school holidays coming up.

there isnt any formal criteria for the dog and cat food .I figure if people tell me they need help they need help - I expect that even if they havent been wiped out being isolated for a days impacts on you being able to get to work etc and its all added stress.Even if they arent desperate - it helps.

Different at other times in other places but after a bushfire or flood Eukanuba you cant get bent out of shape over the minor stuff.

We screen those who ask for horse feed chicken feed etc more because we have to buy that and ordinarily the animals we help to feed we try to keep it to a max 12 week period and help them to be sure they are able to carry on without help so its not just a bandaid.

Steve, i had a bit of an ask around but everyone i have been in contact with seem generally okay for dog and cat food.

Some people were able to get help through the local churches and charities and have said they are okay and they are not desperate, they are managing for pet food as they were donated other items that took the pressure off.

They suggested that the people of Yenda might be in need of pet food but as i don't know anyone who lives in Yenda directly i haven't been able to find out who would need any.

Perhaps someone else on the forum will know someone who is in need.

Many people thanked you for the offer but they are "okay and others will need it more".

Edit to add that a family member contacted me and said try the Yenda Rotary Flood Appeal contact Brian on 0428 331779.

Edited by perrin