Marz At 13 Months

tanstaff

Some of you may recall me posting about Marz when he was only a few months old. I have grown less and less concerned about his appearance as he has grown into a beautiful, athletic dog and i could not be happier. I have learnt that purity generally comes in paper form however this is not what i am asking. Paper aside what are peoples thoughts now that he is 13 months. Is he looking more like an am-staff or can people see something else in him?

Really appreciate the responses it is fascinating to me!

dm378y.jpg

10f0qrk.jpg

1566yvk.jpg

thanks again

You bought him as an Amstaff? - Sorry I don't remember the back story.

IMO he looks like a cross bred and I would be VERY concerned about him being classified as "of type".

He's a handsome healthy looking dog, but that really isn't the question :)

he is not as short as he may look in the pictures. I must ask how tall are purebreds generally back paws to top?

the breeder says that the bloodlines are: efrvel spirit, sir azlan is the sire ad bloodstrom indigo is the dam, are these legitimate? (ignore spelling and expression it is word for word text message and i dont understand it myself)

1331621176[/url]' post='5761488']

he is not as short as he may look in the pictures. I must ask how tall are purebreds generally back paws to top?

the breeder says that the bloodlines are: efrvel spirit, sir azlan is the sire ad bloodstrom indigo is the dam, are these legitimate? (ignore spelling and expression it is word for word text message and i dont understand it myself)

The spelling for the sire is esrvelspirit sir azlan

Breed standard says 46-48 cms at shoulder for males.

Edited by Vickie

I looked at this website to get some photos to compare http://www.redboysamstaffs.com/amstaffcolours.htm .

Many of them are not unlike your boy in shape. I think your second photo makes him look staffy due to him leaning forward and making his legs look short. Maybe they are a little shorter than some of the photos. But that doesn't mean he is not purebred. If the breeder chose bigger chest dogs/shorter legs for a couple of generations than it could move off the chosen reading on the standard. Even these dogs on this one website are slightly different in stature.

I also looked here http://www.rubrickennels.com/photo-gallery.asp just to compare some dogs.

Their dogs look like yours - shorter in the leg and bigger in the chest (ie more stafford looking)than the American site.

He looks like a well loved and cared for individual who knows what is expected of him - so that is all that matters.

Edited by pepe001

If he's a cross-bred - I'd pick SBT X Amstaff..he has a very stafford look, but I wouldn't say typical for either SBT or Amstaff. He's certainly maturing into a very handsome boy :heart:

He could very well be purebred Amstaff (I'm presuming from your posts your worried he's a cross?) Staffords do have quite a reasonable amount of variation in type naturally.

My boy (in siggy) is pure SBT. In comparison to the 'typical' looking SBT he's narrower of chest, more lightly muscled and has his cute floppy ears, he's also slightly taller than the breed standard. I guess these are all reason's he wasn't going to be a good show prospect and was available for us :shrug: .

We're often asked if he's an Amstaff.

Although Vulcan doesn't have the classic SBT boofhead look, he's still a very handsome and healthy boy and we love him to bits :D . By the look of your boy he's also very well loved.

Edited by Polgara's Shadow

• 2 weeks later...

i think you are right, a lot of it may only be relevant to dogs used for show i.e pedigree, papers etc. I personally don't think he is directly crossed but there may be something there in breeding past. I was having a look at some pure bread ABT's and i was seeing some similarities especially in the snout... which may explain some of his boisterous behaviour.

Does anyone have any information on the aforementioned bloodline -esrvrelspirit sir azlan? google yielded 2 results one of which was my own thread.

Also as the breeders spelling was a bit shady could anyone clarify the dam for me? Bloodstrom Indigo was the spelling but i could not find any information and i am thinking it is wrong..

Thank you

in my opinion he would fit into the new laws in victoria, i hope he is registered with council, as i would hate to see another much loved pet seized, what you have to remember is it is all done via a standard that the dpi and gov set and only my opinion but he would fit alot of the criteria to be classed as a restricted breed,

in my opinion he would fit into the new laws in victoria, i hope he is registered with council, as i would hate to see another much loved pet seized, what you have to remember is it is all done via a standard that the dpi and gov set and only my opinion but he would fit alot of the criteria to be classed as a restricted breed,

I agree here with Perry. Beautiful dog and clearly well loved but if you love in Voctoria he could easily be qualified as a Pit Bull or Pit Bull mix. If he isn't registered please do so tomorrow as you run the risk of your beautiful boy being seized and killed.

He was registered as a pup and have already had the ranger come to inspect. Does this mean i am out of the water? Or not entirely....?

he needs to be registered every yr they can seize a dog for not being registered if he is desexed and microchipped the most you should pay is around $40 (prob less) a yr small price to pay for your dog to be safe if he is found wandering without it there are fines and it is also against the law to walk them without their rego tags on you can cop fines for it as well, if you get them on a bad day :)

me personally i prefer the piece of mind and yes i do get pulled up by rangers even with my amstaffs and they check

Edited by perryamstaffs