Inquest Into Death Of Ayen Chol To Examine Council Policies On Identif

tybrax

it's going to "prove" that "pit bulls" are evil killing machines :p

What a load of rot. It will determine date, time, place and cause of death. It's then up to the coroner if she decides to make recommendations. This is not about the dog - it's about the little girl who was killed!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a load of rot. It will determine date, time, place and cause of death. It's then up to the coroner if she decides to make recommendations. This is not about the dog - it's about the little girl who was killed!

:thumbsup:

Guest RosieFT

I am sure even if it was a labrador that caused such mahem, damage and death that it would make headlines and feature in the paper.

A little girl is dead through no fault of her own. That is why there is an investigation.

Sometimes the protect the breed brigade seems to forget that.

Actually it is also about the dog, they will be looking into how the dog was kept, it's demeanour before and after the attack and to determine the breed of the dog. They are also reviewing identification policies of the council and the dog laws before and after the attack.

Glad to see it is happening. If anything can be learned from this to help stop this type of thing happening again, it can only be a good thing.

Actually it is also about the dog,

As I said, an inquest is there to determine date, time, place and cause of death - it's about the deceased. The Coroner may then make a recommendation which is sent onto the relevant statutory body. It is not a trial so before people spout garbage that 'it's going to prove that pitbulls are killing machines', maybe they should leave their kangaroo courts in their own loungerooms and let the Coroner do her job. As Telida Whippets said, wait for the Coroner's Report before making such silly comments on a public forum. No one is a psychic and cannot possibly decide what a Coroner's findings will be months before the Inquest. Maybe people should learn to have a little respect. A tiny little girl is dead.

It's called "saracsm" and maybe you need to learn about it

ETA: Where do you read that I am lacking respect?

If this inquest is only about the little girl and the circumstances of her death, why is there such a large focus on the breed of the dog?

Yes, a girl has died, and that should be the focus, and hopefully the Coroner will not be influenced by the media circus about the whole breed thing and make actual, effective recommendations.

If people can't state their opinions on a public forum, then why do we even bother discussing this here?

I am not judging anyone in my "kangaroo-court" and didn't say this was a trial. A trial does not prove anything, it produces a verdict. Maybe you need to read for comprehension before commenting next time.

Edited by BlackJaq

If people can't state their opinions on a public forum, then why do we even bother discussing this here?

I didnt say you cannot state your opinion, but if you make a silly comment, expect that others will state their opinions on it as well.

It's called "saracsm" and maybe you need to learn about it

ETA: Where do you read that I am lacking respect?

If this inquest is only about the little girl and the circumstances of her death, why is there such a large focus on the breed of the dog?

Yes, a girl has died, and that should be the focus, and hopefully the Coroner will not be influenced by the media circus about the whole breed thing and make actual, effective recommendations.

I am not judging anyone in my "kangaroo-court" and didn't say this was a trial. A trial does not prove anything, it produces a verdict. Maybe you need to read for comprehension before commenting next time.

Who says there's a large focus on the breed of dog? Not the coroner, that's for sure.

You're taking a media report as gospel and then drawing a whole bunch of conclusions from there.

Media circuses exist to feed the public hysteria about issues - and this one's clearly working its magic on you. Fortunately, coroners are less easily influenced. :)

Rather than whip yourselves into a frenzy of defensiveness. Why don't people inform themselves on the purpose of coronial inquests from the source

Edited by Telida Whippets

The media may be focussed on the dog but thankfully, the Coroner will be focussed on Ayen Chol.

Rest in peace little one.

Rather than whip yourselves into a frenzy of defensiveness. Why don't people inform themselves on the purpose of coronial inquests from the source

That's too difficult, Telida. Tabloids are the font of all knowledge, doncha know.

It terrifies me that people might actually think what's written in the newspapers or goes on TV news shows is objective or factual. :eek:

It frustrates the hell out of me when people won't educate themselves on an issue before freaking out about it and denigrating legal processes like coronials.

Want to bet this will end up being a closed court because of it?

Edited by Telida Whippets

I hope she actually does demand a closed court. I cant imagine the grief the family will go through if a bunch of dog people are in there thinking they are 'protecting the rights of dogs'. Beggars belief, doesnt it.

I hope she actually does demand a closed court. I cant imagine the grief the family will go through if a bunch of dog people are in there thinking they are 'protecting the rights of dogs'. Beggars belief, doesnt it.

Between the media and any "pro" or "anti" dog crusaders, best the circus be kept outside the Court for the sake of the family.

That's too difficult, Telida. Tabloids are the font of all knowledge, doncha know.

It terrifies me that people might actually think what's written in the newspapers or goes on TV news shows is objective or factual. :eek:

It frustrates the hell out of me when people won't educate themselves on an issue before freaking out about it and denigrating legal processes like coronials.

Well, anyone who read my earlier post would have realized that I think the media is being anything BUT objective and factual. It is not so hard to actually read what I wrote, rather than drawing on own conclusions as to what I meant. Isn't that what you expect me to do?

All my comments were only addressing the articles from this thread. I haven't done any research into the topic and never claimed that I did. I have read the link and find no information there that I didn't already know and the Coroner i only a person after-all, not a robot, so I therefore hope that he will not be nfluenced by the media. What is wrong with that?

I don't really understand the problem you guys seem to have? Other than feeling very important and not wanting to read anyone's opinions that is...

All my comments were only addressing the articles from this thread. I haven't done any research into the topic and never claimed that I did. I have read the link and find no information there that I didn't already know and the Coroner i only a person after-all, not a robot, so I therefore hope that he will not be nfluenced by the media. What is wrong with that?

That's pretty clear. The Coroner in this case is a she, not a he, so maybe read the article before accusing others of having comprehension problems.

Well, anyone who read my earlier post would have realized that I think the media is being anything BUT objective and factual. It is not so hard to actually read what I wrote, rather than drawing on own conclusions as to what I meant. Isn't that what you expect me to do?

I don't really understand the problem you guys seem to have? Other than feeling very important and not wanting to read anyone's opinions that is...

My "problem" as you choose to put it, is not lack of comprehension or self importance but my frustration that one half arsed media article is prompting people to scream "help help the pitbull is being targetted by the Coroner" when no such thing has happened.

Yes, the coroner's sex is the most important fact in all of this.

ETA: No, I said the breed would likely be impossible to be determined, so the focus should be on the owner.

Oh, and I had a laugh at the article that called the dog a "killer pit bull"

Edited by BlackJaq

I would imagine that the coroner would come back with an accurate account of the evidence at hand, it is not a position where she would take the liberty of having her emotions affect her work as she would have to stand by it in court.

I personally don't care what breed it was, a completely innocent girl was terrorised and killed and her family affected for the rest of their lives. Innocent people minding their own business in their home, can you imagine the dog phobias instilled on the other children for life?

In my opinion the owner's culpability will be determined after the report? I agree the major proportion of blame is on the owners

Edited by millbrooksprings