Kooikerhondjes In Australia?

MysticWolf

I've always loved kooikerhondjes - I think they're gorgeous, and they sound like they'd be great for dog sports. I decided I wanted one when I was looking for my first dog, but there were none in Australia so I settled on papillons instead. Well, my dogs are heading towards retirement from competitions now but it looks like there are still no Kooikers in Aus - does anyone know of any or if anyone has any plans to bring any in? Or would I have to import them myself?

Gorgeous looking dogs, I am surprised that no one has brought any in to Australia. Then again, this is the first I have ever heard of them. Could see myself with one or two of them. Similar size to my Tibetan Terriers.

Add the Pyrenean Shepherd http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrenean_Shepherd and the Markiesje http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markiesje to the list :laugh:

I think the first Australian litter of Pyr Sheps are being bred this year, right?

Really? Do you know who is breeding them? That is very exciting!

Oh damn. I just went to find the website and it turns out the dog's hip score results weren't too good so she won't be bred! That's disappointing. (link) Hopefully it won't be too long before we have Pyr pups down under!

Mystic wolf if you commit to importing I'm more than happy to help you do it yourself to save $$$. I've put together an info booklet for a friend so I can photocopy it for you if you'd like :)Always happy to help, especially for a rare or new breed! How exciting biggrin.gif

Mystic wolf if you commit to importing I'm more than happy to help you do it yourself to save $$$. I've put together an info booklet for a friend so I can photocopy it for you if you'd like :)Always happy to help, especially for a rare or new breed! How exciting biggrin.gif

There is a breed I am seriously dreaming of importing, would I be able to have a copy as well. Pretty please! :D

I'll pay for postage etc :)