Black Cocker

Hay all this was posted on FB and i really would like to help this boy, i know the owner and the dog, he has had minimal training and spent the majority of his time out side with a large mastive cross ( who will proberly end up rehomed or pts)

Anyone know someone who might want a BEAUTIFUL Cocker Spinal (pure black) ? We need to rehome him as we are selling our house & we will eventually be going north & renting for a while. So as we will be having open houses ect we have decided now would be as good a time as any to make this hard decision . He is only just over 1 year old and we havn't had him desexed as we thought we might breed him ( did this ourselves instead ...lol ) He is microchiped ect , I would love to know where he goes as he's my baby & this way I could always check on him ....hence why I 'm putting him on here .

He is about an hour south of wollongong nsw if any one can help this guy can you please PM me

I would love to know where he goes as he's my baby & this way I could always check on him

Once you rehome a dog you sever all ties to that dog, I don't think I would like the old owners having access to my new dog and it is not fair on the dog either.

Just my thoughts

Maree

CPR

Yes i know this worries me as well, im trying to help the owner to 'do the right thing' however she wanted to try her face book friend first before the rspca. She is good at heart but not as dog savy as the dol community so im trying hard to help without rocking the boat.

Has the owner approached the original breeder? If the dog is only young hopefully she'd remember who the breeder is.

Alternatively, you can contact Royoni Kennels, they don't take them but often have people on a waiting list as they are known as Cocker Spaniel Rescue.

Most Cockers, even older ones, seem to rehome fairly quickly. BEst if he goes as a second dog if he's used to canine company though.

I would love to know where he goes as he's my baby & this way I could always check on him

Once you rehome a dog you sever all ties to that dog, I don't think I would like the old owners having access to my new dog and it is not fair on the dog either.

Just my thoughts

Maree

CPR

A lot of owners ask for access but i always explain it's not fair to the dogs etc etc and I find most of them are OK with receiving an update or two with photos but no contact details for where the dog has gone, happy to give a rough geographical area and that's it.

I just came across a case with 2 purebred dogs who'd been rehomed free by the owner 18 months ago. New owner now wanted to rehome as they were very destructive. Apart from the fact that the new owner had a change of schedule so less time to spend with them, new owner had also agreed to old owner's request for regular access visits. These dogs had spent a full weekend with the old owner every month and sometimes more time than that, depending on what the old owner requested. New owner had to drive across the city and pay all the tolls as old owner didn't drive. Old owner did not pay for anything else, no vet bills, no food etc.

A bizarre arrangement that really didn't work for the dogs, at their age there is no way they should have been destructive, I think they are emotionally distressed by all the comings and goings. New owner lives on acreage, old owner in a unit ....

There is a cocker spaniel rescue in NSW, and I think Irishclan Kennels also assist with resuce? They might be able to point you in the right direction to sort out where the cocker can go. As others mentioned, they also need to notify the breeder, as the breeder may agree to take him back and re-home him that way.

Do you know if he is good with other dogs and cats?

Oops sorry just saw he has been outside with a mastif

He is good with his 'sibling' mastif x and good with my stafford other then that im not sure.

He also has a cat in the family and seems to be fine with it too.

Has the owner approached the original breeder? If the dog is only young hopefully she'd remember who the breeder is.

Alternatively, you can contact Royoni Kennels, they don't take them but often have people on a waiting list as they are known as Cocker Spaniel Rescue.

Most Cockers, even older ones, seem to rehome fairly quickly. BEst if he goes as a second dog if he's used to canine company though.

The breeder has been notified. I will contact royoni kennels thank you :D

Thanks Melinda, ill contact Irishclan as well.