Cocker Spaneil Groomer Recommendaton - Hills District?

Hello

My 5 month old cocker spaniel is starting to get a bit hairy, can anyone recommend a good groomer in the Sydney Hills District?

My breeder offered to teach us to clip her, but it is a struggle to even brush her, she just thinks its a game!

Thank you in advance!

If your breeder has offered and is nearby I'd take them up on the offer :D Monte's breeder offered to show us, as well and she also sent us a few links off other breeders who show you how to do each part. Its well worth learning to do yourself.

Time to stop it being a game & time to set the rules,'At 5 months she is old enough to be learning & setting her up for success with age .

If your breeder will help you take it up PROVIDING yopu want to clip yourself otherwise decide how you want her groomed & source a groomer who will do it that way.

Are you wanting the top coat hand stripped?? Has the breeder shown you how to work on the top coat ??

Our are you after simple & easy clip off??

The training will make & break how you groom her yourself long term ,badly behaved often end up matted & not worked on as its to hard work

(spent 3 hrs clipping of a cocker this morning because it plays to for the owners ,it came off like a sheep )

Do you groom her on a bench/table that is non slip ?? or on the floor/knee??

Hello and welcome to DOL!

I entirely second Melinda's advice. I would take up your breeder's offer and learn how to do it yourself; as showdog said at 5 months it's high time she started to learn. Once you've had clear instructions, and with the right tools (coat king, thinning scissors etc...), you'll be able to groom your pup exactly the way you want it, and it's a good bonding exercise too (not to mention the savings over the years!).

My 8 months old cocker loves the attention (as they all do!) and now goes and waits in the shower and stands patiently whilst I blow dry and groom her.

Also, many groomers will go for the easy option which is to use clippers (Granted, it can be the only option is the dog's coat is in a bad way) when to me, it's a shame to get a long coated breed and not try and keep in the way it was intended.

If you decide to go with a professional groomer, I can recommend Sue; she is a very respected cocker breeder and has her own grooming salon. Sooz Groom Room is located within That Pet Place at Dural (behind McDonalds).

Monday to Friday ph. 02 9651 1439

BTW, pictures of your pup are mandatory ;)