Seen Picasa's New Toys?

persephone

Thanks for link, it does looks quick and fun/useful. I've been a bit 'scared' of Picasa, downgrade now to wary, I had one of the first versions years ago, it was a greedy thing, gobbled pictures, wouldn't allow them to load into another application first, or give them up easily afterwards. And wasn't trustworthy with saving originals. I'm sure that has been well sorted out as so many people complained or walked away from it. That's ages ago, I should give it a try now to see the difference. Have now set up the new Photoshop beta 60 days, but not much looked at it.

I have an older PS but rarely go there, unless I am being purely creative .. Most stuff gets done now either in Photoscape or picasa. picasa does gobble.. but there are setting one can find & tweak . Guess I'm just used to it :o

I do love photoscape though ... it took me a while to find all the useful bits hidden away , but it has (basic) curves and stuff... cropping/resizing is terrific and easy!

text - open the photo in picasa. go to the basics page (with spanner /wrench icon Text is on the middle row of things..at the bottom ..an ABC over an image icon.

Click on it ...and a range of options is there for you to choose from ..font/colour/transparency etc. you will see text appear in teh middle of your image.

simply click on the area where YOU want text ..and type. use the hand icon to make it larger .. or adjust the angle ..

It takes a bit of practice, but then it is so quick & simple!

have fun :)

Just downloaded it and am loving it! :)

Thanks for link, it does looks quick and fun/useful. I've been a bit 'scared' of Picasa, downgrade now to wary, I had one of the first versions years ago, it was a greedy thing, gobbled pictures, wouldn't allow them to load into another application first, or give them up easily afterwards. And wasn't trustworthy with saving originals. I'm sure that has been well sorted out as so many people complained or walked away from it. That's ages ago, I should give it a try now to see the difference. Have now set up the new Photoshop beta 60 days, but not much looked at it.

I'm having problems with the gobbling pictures. I can't find the original afterwards. Oh might Persephone, will you tell me how to fix this? :o :D

To tell Picasa where to scan for images which it will import ... go up to 'tools' click >> "folder manager" click >> then follow the instructions, and see how it goes :)

Photos from Picasa usually end up in the "my pictures'' folder (they do on my puter, anyhow ) ;)

I always upload my pics to a folder in my pics first, then open picasa and they auto import, so I still keep my originals in tact and can export and edited ones as I do them. I use iPhoto and lightroom the same way.

I couldn't figure out how to do a fancier watermark.

I don't do it a lot too, but occasionally I do on Facebook pics, I guess the txt tool would be easy enough.

The new things in Picasa are great, I noticed there is still the option to edit via piknic, I though they had closed down? Maybe not yet?

I don't do it a lot too, but occasionally I do on Facebook pics, I guess the txt tool would be easy enough.

The new things in Picasa are great, I noticed there is still the option to edit via piknic, I though they had closed down? Maybe not yet?

Picnik closes down on April 19 :)

And thanks pers and tlc! :D