Glad We Were Home.

Pattycake

Got to love our brave little dog she took on a BIG great dane tonite. Was sitting here watching MKR when Bella ESS went off her rocker at the back door, we all jumped up thinking it was a cat in the yard, turned the back lights on OH went out and around the corner of the house there was a huge dog in our yard, with Bella in its face barking and growling, thank goodness it just jumped back over the 5.5ft fence and back down the driveway, OH saw it just casually jump the fence didnt even touch it. Poor little Dexter (6mth LAB) was so scared he hadn't seen Bella behave like that before. No idea whose it is , havent seen it around before, hope it doesnt come back.

Very glad we were home, no idea what would of happened if it didnt see hubby and swiflty jump the fence as Bella was not happy, she usually carries on when a cat comes in the yard but this was very different, now need to make sure the other gate is closed along the driveway, though it would of jumped that one also, its a bit higher but hubby said it cleared the fence easily.

Yikes!! Lucky you were home! Do you know the dog or where it lives?

No dont know where it lives, hubby reckoned it got just as much of a fright as we all did :eek: , as it looked a bit startled, either by Bella or hubby and lights being turned on, so hopefully it doesnt come back.

You wouldn't think a Great Dane would be a common dog, I wonder if you can report it to council, I am sure if it's registered they'd be able to work out where it's come from and hopefully let the owners know they need to do more to confine it.

You wouldn't think a Great Dane would be a common dog, I wonder if you can report it to council, I am sure if it's registered they'd be able to work out where it's come from and hopefully let the owners know they need to do more to confine it.

Yeah I probably should of rang them today, we did try and look for it last nite (son went for a bit of a drive) we were all still in a bit of shock. Just glad it wasnt an agressive dog, would of been very different situation.

Yeah I probably should of rang them today, we did try and look for it last nite (son went for a bit of a drive) we were all still in a bit of shock. Just glad it wasnt an agressive dog, would of been very different situation.

"Would have" and "should have" .... not "would of" or "should of". :D.

Glad it was an uneventful visit and hope the Dane found its way home safe and sound.