Dogs Victoria's Inaugeral Rally O. Trials

With approximately 70 dogs entered each day in Rally O. over Easter Saturday & Sunday, Dogs Victoria held it's first Rally Obedience Trials

Although Rally O. trialling is alot more challenging than it looks

I was amazed at how well organized the days were. Everything flowed smoothly and quickly

I want to again express appreciation, to all the many organizers who were there from 7AM till 8PM each day to insure all went smoothly, especially, Margaret Widelock, Noline McIlroy, Dawn Ayton, who worked tirelessly and somehow also managed to trial their own dogs too.

The Rally O Trials were preceded by an Obedience trial, each day, which makes the smooth flowing organization all the more impressive.

On a more personal note;

I had my silver Standard Poodle, Dual CH (O) GiDay Violet Crumble ADX JDX ET entered the Rally Obedience trials.

She attained the Rally Novice (RN) title, in 3 trials with 1st place 98 Points (judge Heather Miller 1st place 100 Points (judge Kim Houlden) & 1st place 100 Points (judge David Hutson)

Well done to you and your girl (love her name) - and to Dogs Vic and OTEC for putting the trials on, and giving people the chance to title in one weekend. From what I've heard, people enjoyed their first Rally O trialling experience. :thumbsup:

I also want to Thank ALL the Girls and Boys who spent many hours making the Rally O Trial a huge success. So many winners, so many Titles, not enough ribbons or pass cards but what the heck who thought the inaugeral trial would have so many happy smiling faces.

What an exciting two days. Even better when there were a number of 100/100 scores. The scores were so high over the 4 trials.

The judges each had very different courses. Some were so tight, some were nice and easy and some were "What the". Strange though that the "What the" course was the one that helped a number of people get passes making their introduction to Rally O very pleasurable.

Geelong was well represented by Janelle and her 2 Goldens, Libby and her 2 Borders, Helen and her Brittany Spaniel, Barbara & her Aussie & BC, Helen and her 2 Rotties (Helen was the first to be judged on the Saturday), Rebecca & her Lab, Leonie & her English Springer, Helen & her Staffi, myself & my Aussie. Making it a total of 9 RN (Rally Obedience Novice) out of 13 dogs entered. Those who didn't get a title definately did so much better on Sunday gaining a couple of passes each.

A special thanks to the Judges. Thanks to you all for being willing to come on board and make Rally an exciting new sport. Without you we wouldn't have been able to gain our Titles. A special Thanks to Heather for agreeing to judge the two mock trials held in Geelong.

My Aussie Gambit (Poruse Diamond Dealer CD TD FDCH HTMS RN) Baby has now introduced me to Obedience, Agility, Flyball, Herding, Tracking, Dancing With Dogs, and now Rally Obedience.

It was a great weekend, and great to see so many entries. Hopefully more clubs will start to offer Rally 0 at their trials. Congrats to everyone who passed and to those who got titles. The judges were great too and really wanted people to pass, even when their dog decided to go into hunting mode, nose down :rofl: At least Chazer managed one pass, but now we know how we want to look and have some learning to do :) I have even brought a new kindle book today, When Pigs Fly, so lots of work to do now, so Chazer's next two passes are a lot prettier :laugh: