Must Have Been One Upset Dog (pb Attack Melb)

Tempus Fugit

Why do you think a dog suddenly attacks after never showing agression in its life. Stop playing the breed blame game. Not all dogs of this breed are bad nor ever would be. If you get a young man with a tough dog what do you think they purpose was to begin with??? not always because he loves the breed. Dogs are like children they are a product of their parenting.

I agree most young males (even older ones) get tough dogs and reward tough behaviour. Im young myself only 23 but alot of people my age are incredibly stupid with animals if I was a breeder I would be a bit wary of selling a bull breed to a young male.

why is it always,

what did someone do

what occurred prior

how it was treated

my thoughts exactly.

The need to understand the why's and how's of a situation is fundamental in the efforts to prevent it from occurring again.

Example. An 18year old P plater smashes his car into a tree. The police don't just assume he is a bad driver, they look for WHY he crashed, WHAT he was doing at the time, HOW the accident played out and if there were any external factors that contributed to the accident happening- road conditions, another car, drag racing, alcohol, drugs etc.

We NEED to know these things to evaluate and form opinions based in fact rather than just assumptions based on more assumptions. I for one, would rather have as much information as possible rather than none at all. Our world has evolved to what it is today due to the human need to understand the cause and not just the effect.

CAUSE and EFFECT. The whole picture. If you want to limit yourself to only looking at the result then go right ahead but you may find your knowledge and advancement lacking in the long run.

JMO

Edited by Pailin