Importing A Dog From New Zealand

Topoftheheap

I have been thinking for a while now about importing a dog from New Zealand and was wondering if anybody knew the approximate costs involved? I know that it will greatly vary depending on companies chosen, etc, but am I looking at hundreds, thousands, multiple thousands, tens of thousands, etc.

Should be less than $1000. A friend brought in a puppy last year and it was $700 in transport costs. A number of people on here have brought in puppies recently so I am sure someone will come along with first hand experience :)

I have been thinking for a while now about importing a dog from New Zealand and was wondering if anybody knew the approximate costs involved? I know that it will greatly vary depending on companies chosen, etc, but am I looking at hundreds, thousands, multiple thousands, tens of thousands, etc.

Ok it really depends on the size of the dog you are getting as freight will obviously depend on weight. To give you an idea an 8 week old Aussie pup cost me $1100 (NZ). Plus the actual cost of the dog and the NZKC export pedigree ($110).

Ok it really depends on the size of the dog you are getting as freight will obviously depend on weight. To give you an idea an 8 week old Aussie pup cost me $1100 (NZ). Plus the actual cost of the dog and the NZKC export pedigree ($110).

what company was that through

what company was that through

Pets Worldwide flying Qantas

can't help with a dog, but did import 2 persian cats last year who travelled together in the same crate (pp40) airfare was $800, flew on qantas, qantas fee an Melb airport was $70, but first they had to go through customs, and since the value of them and their airfare was over $1000, had to pay customs duty on them (and had to use a freight forwarder to do the paperwork for customs), as you are not able to do this yourself - that was another $500. So total to bring them in was nearly $1400.