Nikon D7000 Buffer Capacity

m-sass

Does anyone own a Nikon D7000 and experienced shutdown after about 10 shots in continous bursts? Capturing dog action, 10 odd shots is generally enough, but I took some shots for a friend with her Canon 450D last weekend and although my Nikon is faster intially, the Canon seemed to fire shots off as many as needed, but I believe the D7000 is short on buffer and wondered if anyone else had experienced it or perhaps have I got some settings wrong?

I've recently bought the D7000 and used it on the weekend to get some dog action shots. I'm sure I got more than 10 in a row with no slowing down after that, but to be honest I wasn't really paying attention. I think I remember reading in the manual that the memory card will affect the amount of shots you can do in a continuous burst??? Not sure though, might be wrong :o

It isn't so much size of the card that can affect i but the speed of the card.

I bought a new card last week from out local Dick Smith that is closing down so was a bargain. Just as well it was cheap, it is crap. It is supposedly a hi speed card but definitely not as fast as my other card. I would go to review photos after a burst and would get a busy message as it was still writing to the card. I have NEVER had that happen before and it happened several times over the weekend. So maybe a faster card will help? I have to say though that I would rarely do much more than 10 shots in a burst anyway, even at dogs shows, herding or agility.

It isn't so much size of the card that can affect i but the speed of the card.

I bought a new card last week from out local Dick Smith that is closing down so was a bargain. Just as well it was cheap, it is crap. It is supposedly a hi speed card but definitely not as fast as my other card. I would go to review photos after a burst and would get a busy message as it was still writing to the card. I have NEVER had that happen before and it happened several times over the weekend. So maybe a faster card will help? I have to say though that I would rarely do much more than 10 shots in a burst anyway, even at dogs shows, herding or agility.

I will buy a better card and only have the one card at present, but that's what my D7000 was doing when the burst almost stopped, it was writing to the card and noticed the light on indicating that.

eta and because it is not a Canon...lol

Very funny lol, I did jump the fence to Nikon from Canon film cameras and a compact digital. If I had enough money at the time, I would have bought a Canon 7D where the Nikon D7000 sat between the 7D and 60D. A friend has a Nikon D90 which I have used a few times and liked the feel of, so we took the Nikon plunge in the end after weighing up the pros and cons.

Edited by m-sass