Royal Canin Veterinary Diets

Sheridan

Can people let me know if their vet stocks Royal Canin Veterinary Diet food and which vet it is/contact number?

I am told that Royal Canin has discontinued the Royal Canin Sensitivity Control (aka Blue Whiting and Tapioca). Unfortunately, the nearest dietary food Royal Canin stocks to this is the Hypoallergenic, which contains animal fat as the second ingredient, which is precisely what Grumpy cannot have. I am so down on Royal Canin right now it's all I can do from sending them an abusive email. He cannot have Proplan Sensitivity for exactly the same reason - animal fat.

I will need to find Grumpy a new food (or probably an old food like Holistic Select) but I'd like to get some Sensitivity Control so I can ease him onto it.

Please let me know so I can spend some time on the phone tomorrow ringing around. It doesn't matter where you are as I'll probably have to courier it to me.

Alternatively, if you know of an online source that stocks the Royal Canin veterinary diets, please let me know, too.

Bastards.

I can't help - except to wish you luck. We haven't been able to stock the dry Sensitivity Control for months since they announced that they were going to stop making it.

Is avoiding the animal fat an issue of food allergy or due to the fat content in general? The Sensitivity Control formula also has animal fat on the ingredients list.

Rappie, it's a combination of things. Grumpy is on a fish diet and the Hypoallergenic only contains fish oil. If I recall, the amount of animal fat in the Blue Whiting was okay for the Grump but he got sick on Proplan.

Don't know where you are but I can't remember if Pennant Hills Vet sells it but I'm sure I have seen it in Livingstone Rd Vet in Petersham

Thanks, I'll call them. I'm in Canberra and will be calling every vet tomorrow morning.

Edited by Sheridan

The Eukanuba Response FP formula (which I think is now Euk Custom Care Sensitive Skin & Coat) is another option. It's mainly fish but the overall fat content is reasonably high.

And starchy, if I recall! The other main ingredient is potato, I think?

Hi Sheridan

I got some Royal Canin veterinary diet food (hypoallergenic) from the Tuggeranong Veterinary Clinic in Fadden yesterday. They do stock Royal Canin foods and I don't know what else they had. Phone number 62917711

Good luck with it

Padraic

Edited by padraic

Looks like he'll go back on the Holistic Select Anchovy and Salmon. Mini eats that and I did give him a little tonight.

In the meantime, I have 6.8 kg of opened Hypoallergenic I can't use. Hits head for being in a hurry last week.

See if you can return it - you should be able to if you bought it from a vet clinic and it's nearly full.

It's completely full. I opened it and went, 'Can't feed him that, he'll get sick again.' Immediately, taped it all up. I'll call them tomorrow.

Hi again

I also thought I saw some Royal Canin sensitivity control at the Tuggeranong Petbarn today. Not sure but they had Royal Canin products

Cheers!

And thanks, krystal&coco. I'll look those up.

JulesP, I don't know if California Natural is any good or not. He was on Holistic Select before the Royal Canin and did very well on it so I will probably see how he goes on it again. California Natural ingredients look similar to the Holistic Select and I think Petstock have it.

Hi Sheridan,

So sorry that RC have stopped making your food.

I just rang my vet as I was in there earlier tonight and they've swapped over from mainly stocking Hills to mainly stocking RC - and they said the rep told them that sensitivity control is unavailable at the moment but they are re-formulating it and its coming back. Which makes sense - why would they delete a line that I would have thought many owners relied on?

So it probably worth keeping an eye out too - it'll probably suddenly re-appear. Hope that helps. :)

Im heading to our petbarn tomorrow as I buy they RC food and they have a special on this week. I will check it out and see if they have it in stock so it is the 'Royal Canin Sensitivity Control' one you are looking for? There are so many I just want to get the name right in my search :)

PS Im in Bathurst

Edited by Pattycake

The Eukanuba Response FP formula (which I think is now Euk Custom Care Sensitive Skin & Coat) is another option. It's mainly fish but the overall fat content is reasonably high.

No they are 2 different formulas-we have a dog that can only have the response FP (fish and potato based) which you get through your vet :)

No they are 2 different formulas-we have a dog that can only have the response FP (fish and potato based) which you get through your vet :)

I have only had experience with the prescription lines and mainly Royal Canin and Hills - but while searching for an ingredients list there were several sites that indicated that the Response FP had been renamed / replaced by the Custom Care line. I've seen the Response FP around when we've ordered it in - so nice to know it's still an existing line.

Edited by Rappie