Royal Canin Veterinary Diets

Sheridan

Is this the correct product Sheridan? if so Omar's appear to have it and they are wonderful to deal with.

It has the Blue Whiting and tapioca

http://ovedshorseandpetstore.com.au/Dog-Products/Dog-Food/Royal-Canine/Royal-Canin-Canine-Veterinary-Diet-Sensitivity-Control/3496-Royal-Canin-Veterinary-Diet-Sensitivity-Control-6.5kg.html

Edited by Boronia

Hi Sheridan,

Therapon in Vic still had 20+ bags of the 7kg sensitivity when we checked a couple of weeks ago. See if your Vet can do an order with them or I can liaise with you about shipping if you're interested.

I don't know what the use by date is but I can check.

It's well worth calling Eukanuba helpline as well as they have a few low residue vet diets not just FP and they can go through the ingredients with you.

Edited by Staff'n'Toller

The Eukanuba Response FP formula (which I think is now Euk Custom Care Sensitive Skin & Coat) is another option. It's mainly fish but the overall fat content is reasonably high.

No they are 2 different formulas-we have a dog that can only have the response FP (fish and potato based) which you get through your vet :)

I have only had experience with the prescription lines and mainly Royal Canin and Hills - but while searching for an ingredients list there were several sites that indicated that the Response FP had been renamed / replaced by the Custom Care line. I've seen the Response FP around when we've ordered it in - so nice to know it's still an existing line.

Yep the Response FP has been renamed to Skin and Coat but pretty certain the ingredients are still the same.

They also have a Sensitive Skin which is fish, rice and barley.

Thanks everyone. I took the Hypoallergenic back this morning and the receptionist said she'd talk to the vet about it. I'll call them Monday.

I rang a lot of local surgeries today and none have it.

StaffnToller, are you able to check the use by dates on those bags?

I'll also check on the other leads. I fed the Grumpy man Holistic Select this morning and there's been no bad response to it so far. Tonight's poo will tell I suppose.

My vet also ordered the same formula for my little guy but I wasn't able to find it. After doing some research I found Canidae (Puresea) and Taste of the Wild to be similiar. He is on Taste of the Wild for about a week now and doing great so far (single protien source fish - no grains).

Thanks everyone. I took the Hypoallergenic back this morning and the receptionist said she'd talk to the vet about it. I'll call them Monday.

I rang a lot of local surgeries today and none have it.

StaffnToller, are you able to check the use by dates on those bags?

I'll also check on the other leads. I fed the Grumpy man Holistic Select this morning and there's been no bad response to it so far. Tonight's poo will tell I suppose.

Sure - Monday I will send you a PM.

Grumpy report: he had Holistic Select last night and this morning. Poo was a bit softer than the day before but given he went straight onto it from the Sensitivity Control that's pretty good.

No tummy troubles.

Thanks to Lillypilly and tdierikx I've ordered two bags from VetnPetDirect, though they won't arrive until next week. I asked if I could get them couriered and they said no, which pissed me off entirely. A little flexibility in online business is required, thanks.

Sheridan - Therapon have 31 bags of the 6.5kg in stock, use-by 9.12.

Pm me if you want to go any further but I'm sure there's a possibility of your Vet doing an interstate order as well. :)

I will let the vet know. How far past a use-by date can dry dog food be used? Anyone know?

When the Royal Canine became unavailable, I used Hills Z/d Ultra and have found it to give the same results - no messy poos.

Thanks very much. I considered the Z/D Ultra but it has chicken in it, though it's hydrolised.