Bones For Dogs On A Diet

Just wondering what bones were best for dogs on a diet? I am trying to get Maple into really good condition so have doubled her exercise and decreased her food. I still want to feed her bones (normally give her two chicken wings) so what are the lowest fat bones to give? Or are they all pretty much similar? TIA

Roo tails, turkey necks, rabbit and chicken parts with any skin and major parts of fat removed.

Remember though that your dog will still need some fat in its diet so it is important to still feed some RMB with skin/fat on them. Dogs fed a very low fat diet (e.g. just feeding very low fat meats like rabbit without some source of fat) can become quite ill as a result.

Therefore you need to balace over time by feeding a variety (substituting lower fat RMBs for some meals or for part of the meal), feeding smaller portions, but still feeding some 'higher' fat RMB's, just not in as large a quantity.

Depends if she is over weight now or you just want her fitter ??

If she isn't fat i wouldn't be altering her food intake to much if you have doubled her exercise

If she is fat then still factor in heavy exercise still needs a good diet

Depends if she is over weight now or you just want her fitter ??

If she isn't fat i wouldn't be altering her food intake to much if you have doubled her exercise

If she is fat then still factor in heavy exercise still needs a good diet

Thanks for the replies... I have only decreased her dry food by 10% and am still giving her chicken wings. She is probably about 2kg over weight at the moment. I want her to be getting enough to build muscle to burn off fat, but not any excess IYKWIM. She is loving all the extra runs! I will hunt around for some roo tails.