Puppy Hiccuping

ridgeyj

I have a 6 month old and a 12 month old here and they get the hiccups nearly every morning when they first wake up and when we first go to bed of a night...

No idea what causes it but it doesn't last long and they seem fine, so I don't worry about it.

My two legged & four legged kids all got hiccups as babies. I was told by a Doctor, that this happens because they have full tummies & it is natural & nothing to worry about.

Yeah Lili used to get the hiccups all the time as a baby. Both my dogs get them occasionally. I think there as benign as they are in humans.

:offtopic: I love your avatar, whenever I ate yoghurt Kenny would be sitting there drooling, waiting for me to finish so he could lick the container clean.

My pup gets hiccups all the time, at first I worried she was about to puke (because she does the same hiccuping noise before she pukes) but now she just gets them randomly, and sits there with this confused look on her face of "muuuum make it stop!"

Yeah Lili used to get the hiccups all the time as a baby. Both my dogs get them occasionally. I think there as benign as they are in humans.

:offtopic: I love your avatar, whenever I ate yoghurt Kenny would be sitting there drooling, waiting for me to finish so he could lick the container clean.

Lol mantis, my two are exactly the same!

Edited by Aussie3

Quinn used to hiccup now and then as a baby, she seems to have grown out of it now at 5.5 months. I asked the vet about it and we thought it was probably just getting excited and gulping air. I felt so bad not being able to stop it as I hate having hiccups!