I Am Not A Snob -

Salukifan

Doesn't matter how many ways you present a stick on this forum. There will always be some who grab the wrong end, impale themselves and blame you for it. I started this thread to express my frustration at being written off as sone kind of social climber because I choose to own pedigreed dogs. How that has been interpreted as an indictment of working dog breeders or indeed of any breeder here beats me.

I give up

I do apologise for my part in taking the thread off track. It wasn't my intention to make someone feel like the needed to tear their hair out!

All I can say is people who think you're a snob for owning a pedigree just need educating. Or if they are of the sort that are frimly set in their beliefs then Oh well! Just as long as you are confident that you are happy with your decisions then that is the important thing. You know that you've made decisions that fit with your ethics so just enjoy that feeling and show your beautiful, ahppy and healthy dogs off to all those people that appreciate them :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't matter how many ways you present a stick on this forum. There will always be some who grab the wrong end, impale themselves and blame you for it. I started this thread to express my frustration at being written off as sone kind of social climber because I choose to own pedigreed dogs. How that has been interpreted as an indictment of working dog breeders or indeed of any breeder here beats me.

I give up

The O.P was not taken as an indictment of working dog breeders,or others,but some of the responses to the O.P are taking that attitude.You asked for thoughts,I've stated mine.

The attitude shown by some posters serves the prejudice.

P.S,good post Mita.

Edited by moosmum

my point was to say, just because a breeder has a tick list does not mean the person they choose is any better than me, who actually moves heaven and earth for our dogs...

we recently nearly lost one to snake bite... i did however loose enough money in that incident which means i cannot afford the replacement car i need nor did we have christmas.

we do have 4 re tread dogs in our home, all of which were re homed pure bred due to owner faults... not so much the dog... their aint many cross bred dals around...imo i think its good that some bad homes re home... as the dogs often get a better life... i know ours did.

some breeders choose criteria that i think are personal life style choices... for us and our dogs... just because you hd live in a city does not mean your an unsuitable owner... and me as a country person (having never lived any where else) how can i judge....what a good life for a dog might be in city?

as for snobs they are in every walk of life... oodle owners seem to be the pits... the only ones i know refused to listen to reasonable people tell them about pure dogs and still got an oodle any way... even smart country girls who should know better about genetics and breeding coming from a long line of farmers who bred exceptional stock...

you can't tell stupid any thing.

oh and my opinion on working dogs in city homes is not really one that should be aired but in so many ways the Australian idea of every one should have a bc or a kelpie or a blue cattle dog is so wrong... so very wrong... :banghead: and the fact so many are in pounds is just heart breaking..