Companion Animal Taskforce

Im sure everyone has heard about the NSW Companion Animal Taskforce.

The discussion paper is now available from the DLG website and an online feedback form.

http://www.dlg.nsw.gov.au/dlg/dlghome/dlg_generalindex.asp?sectionid=1&areaindex=CATASK&documenttype=8&mi=9&ml=10

It is an interesting read, especially for me as my honours is in this area. But if you have an opinion in this area it would be beneficial to provide some feedback. Will also affect breeders too.

I think this has been posted on DOL 3 times now and I don't recall anybody giving any replies. Personally I am waiting to see where they go with it. From memory it took them 6 months to come up with that paper and it says nothing new.

A friend has asked me to put a submission in - after speaking with Clover Moore's office. I gather they are desperate to show that there is some support for the various views (sorry, haven't read it yet). Given the slow gestation period and this probably being the only chance, it's time to put in (individual or group) submissions, canvas your local member and publicise it with your vet. Everyone makes a difference.

Closing date 1 July.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the link for the paper - I couldn't find it on the website but a friend sent it to me. Doesn't matter if you agree or disagree, let them have your views.

The PTS statistics and imponding rates etc are in the appendices - very interesting appendices.

http://www.dlg.nsw.gov.au/dlg/dlghome/documents/Information/Companion%20Animals%20Taskforce%20Discussion%20Paper%20May%202012.pdf

edit to correct number error!

Edited by Poppy's mum