The Transfer Factor "classic"

Hi :wave:

Remember when I put up a post telling you all about the success I had in soothing Mandela's hives, digital cysts, etc. and preventing/stopping secondary skin development with the use of Calendula Tea? Do you also remember at that time that I wasn't sure if it was just us that the Calendula worked so wonderfully well for, but put it up here on DOL for others to try and see how they faired.

It pretty much turned out to be a raving success and an economical one too.

Well - I have another something that might turn out to be a bit of a gem. I'm not going to attest to certainty, mainly because Mandela's issues are more complex than most and he seems to have more than one thing going on at once - coupled with the fact that his condition is so up and down, it takes a while to sort out whether we are headed forward or not.

To get to the point, one of the things I have added to Mandela's regime is "The Transfer Factor ('Classic')" capsules. He's been on them for a few months now - unlike the Calendula Tea where you'd be likely to see a very fast positive response to its application, this other takes a while - I think generally one or two months is suggested. It is Bovine Colostrum and from what I can gather has been used with success in assisting the immune system. It isn't a "booster" as such ..... it is something that helps to create balance.

I still have problems with Mandela - swings and round-a-bouts seems to be the way of it for us where his health is concerned. BUT I think since the adding of The Transfer Factor to his repertoire of stuff, I have seen his system strengthen.

I weighed him today - 38.8kg, which is the BEST he's been for a long, long time, previously often running at about 33kg to 35kg and then losing it again. I'm tentative about his weight atm, expecting it to drop back off again, but as I said, this is the best he's been weight/condition wise, for a good long while.

We're not out of the woods just yet and so I'm not making any wild claims about The Transfer Factor at this point, but I thought it was about time I mentioned it as there are others who have dogs who have immune system issues and who might like to try it. If you do and can't seem to find how to get it, let me know as I can get it in for you if you would like.

If anyone else has or is using these with their dogs already, I'd be interested in your feed-back.

Edited by Erny

Well that's a good sign ..... the greyhound people know quite a good many tricks of the trade, so to speak and aren't inclined to go for things that are nonsense, generally speaking.

I've used it on a well dog. Dog was fantastic. Friend is an agent for it, and has lots of good stories about it. I would certainly try it on a dog with issues. I have thought I might take it myself, but never get around to ordering it.

Good to hear the feed-back.

Jed - how come it was given to a dog who was already well? Just as a tonic type thing? Would the dog have been just as fantastic without it as with it? ..... I guess that one might be a bit difficult to answer.

My Rottie was also taking Transfer Factor. She outlived her cancer prognosis by 11 months but she was taking a number of supplements so I don't know what, if any, part the Transfer Factor played.

The vet was happy when he saw Transfer Factor on my list of supplements Sophie was taking. He said it was an excellent supplement.

Do you remember what dosage of the TF you administered, cavNrott?

I'm glad your girl lived beyond your expectations though. I've said it before, but I am sorry for your loss, regardless.

Do you remember what dosage of the TF you administered, cavNrott?

I'm glad your girl lived beyond your expectations though. I've said it before, but I am sorry for your loss, regardless.

Sorry Erny, I can't remember the dosage. I documented all the supplements I used but not the dosage rates but it would have been calculated going by her weight

Thanks for your kind thoughts. I still miss Sophie every day.