Snuggle Puppies?

I use and sell these Adopt A Heart Beat

You can put them in any toy you like, I just gut a toy and stuff it in there :laugh:

You can also make your own snuggle puppies with an old sock and some plain rice.

Put rice in old sock and tie off, microwave for a few minutes and shove inside a toy.

4c0adfd3b6439_7215n.jpg

Edited by SwaY

I leave a soft toy with the mum in her crate a few nights before the pup is going to it's new home. I'm told that the puppy really loves to cuddle up to it.

I use and sell these Adopt A Heart Beat

You can put them in any toy you like, I just gut a toy and stuff it in there :laugh:

You can also make your own snuggle puppies with an old sock and some plain rice.

Put rice in old sock and tie off, microwave for a few minutes and shove inside a toy.

4c0adfd3b6439_7215n.jpg

What a great idea, wish I'd seen it before I just (literally) bought a snuggle puppy :laugh: but I am definitely keeping your post for future reference.

Very good idea, never thought of a snugglepup when I brought Biscuit home! I just did it the old-fashioned way with a warm hot water bottle and a clock wrapped in a towel :laugh: Slept through the entire night though, was great! But I would feel safer with a snugglepup type thing in case the hot water bottle got chewed (it wasn't boiling water, just warm water, but I wouldn't want him having a fright on his first night home!) :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone1 It's good to know other peoples experiences with them :)

[RiverStar-Aura]My advice is to make sure you don't get too excited just yet. Things can go wrong during this time and as I've had it happen to me, I was bitterly saddened to find I wasn't getting a pup.

lol, don't worry not too excited. I'm not going to buy anything until the puppies are born, but I like to have my research done already. I'm the biggest worrier in our house - always coming up with potential problems - sometimes not quite realistic ones lol.

Yes please don't get too excited yet. as said, SO MANY things can go wrong. We, ourselves, have been told we have been getting no less than four different pups, and for whatever reason eventually found out that it was not possible. Heartbreaking!

• 3 weeks later...

So, Hamish has his little heartbeat pillow that I bought from BigW.

Have to say he loves it and it works a treat for us!!! He does carry it around sometimes, but usually it lives on his bed (in a crate). It's interesting, when he goes to bed he often steps on it which starts it up and it almost seems as if he has now been trained that when he hears the sound of it then it's time to go to sleep.

So who knows if it works, but I know he likes sleeping with it!! And I know that when I hear the sound of it that he will be curling up on or beside it ready to go to sleep. But he has been excellent at bedtime as it is anyway, so maybe I've just been lucky!!