Luka's Ears

teekay

Some people do tape Aussie ears to make them do the right thing... depends if it matters to you or not :) There is a lovely adult Aussie girl at my dog club with one up, one down.

That's interesting Wuffles, I was going to post in the Aussie thread because I was wondering if I should do anything about it. I've heard of people taping ears to make them stand up but not to keep them down. What kind of tape do you use, do you know. He's so fluffy, how would it stick?

ETA Have asked in the Aussie thread :)

Edited by teekay

Here is the Aussie standard for ears:

Ears: Are triangular of moderate size and leather, set high on the head. At full attention they break forward and over, or to the side as a rose ear.

Prick ears and hanging ears are severe faults.

Here is the Aussie standard for ears:

Ears: Are triangular of moderate size and leather, set high on the head. At full attention they break forward and over, or to the side as a rose ear.

Prick ears and hanging ears are severe faults.

I'm off to look for pictures now!

Just looked at that link Wuffles, thanks for that. Here is a pic of what Luka's ear is like most of the time at the moment. It looks like the second 'correct' standard but presumably both ears are supposed to be the same. :D

IMG_1092-1.jpg

Just looked at that link Wuffles, thanks for that. Here is a pic of what Luka's ear is like most of the time at the moment. It looks like the second 'correct' standard but presumably both ears are supposed to be the same. :D

IMG_1092-1.jpg

His ears are perfectly fine, and technically there's nothing that says they both have to be the same in a show dog, although it may not look as nice as both the same. :) I have a girl who I show and is successful with 2 rose ears, and my other girl has two normal forward ears, although occasionally one is sitting sideways like your boy. Thankfully in the ring she sits it forward! :) Its really up to you what you want to do with his ears. If he isn't a show dog, it can be a bit fiddly. to tape or glue them, and sometimes it doesn't work anyway.