Missy Threw Up

Guest lavendergirl

OK - I have totally gone off fish meal based kibble now.....sorry for the off topic :o

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lavendergirl

OK - I have totally gone off fish meal based kibble now.....sorry for the off topic :o

I never really liked the taste myself. :cool:

HA HA - I may not feed it to the dog any more either :D

Found this statement on the TOTW website which makes me feel a little better :)

"DOES THIS FOOD CONTAIN ETHOXYQUIN?

Taste of the Wild Pet Foods sources all protein meals (chicken meal, fish meal, etc) from vendors that do not use ethoxyquin. As always, only natural preservatives are used in our manufacturing process to preserve the foods."

Guest english.ivy

I asked earthborn holistic if they used ethoxyquin I think its also in one of there videos on you tube too. They don't use ethoxyquin in there products,

Did you email them?

Guest english.ivy

Taste of the Wild Pet Foods sources all protein meals (chicken meal, fish meal, etc) from vendors that do not use ethoxyquin. As always, only natural preservatives are used in our manufacturing process to preserve the foods."

I am paranoid but can they just put that on their website and it not be true?

I am paranoid but can they just put that on their website and it not be true?

I seriously doubt they'd get away with it if it wasn't.

I asked earthborn holistic if they used ethoxyquin I think its also in one of there videos on you tube too. They don't use ethoxyquin in there products,

Did you email them?

I asked themon there facebook page, I also found the information doing research online.

If you have premium dog food that your dog wont eat or that you are not happy with just RETURN IT. What is the point in getting samples when they give 100% Money back guarantee? If the stores give you hell for it report them to the pet food company (should be a 1800 number on the pack) and they will get on to it for you. Why waste money with 1/2 a bag lying around?

Guest english.ivy

Sounds like the black hawk club on the attack of other kibbles again :o

What makes you say that?

No one is attacking no one in here. Sheena is sharing helpful info most of us don't know about. I didn't know about the 'E' preservative and now I'm glad I do as I am starting to feed non Australian made foods, because Black Hawk isn't suitable for all the dogs in my care.

I am currently feeding my Pointer Earthborn Holistic and I'm going to feed my senior Labradors Holistic Select, because they do a good senior range.

And I feed my Belgian Shepherd Black Hawk because she is very stable on it.

eta - there is no Black Hawk club, I don't pay a membership to keep their food in my carport.

Edited by english.ivy

I agree with EI I think that's an unair comment to make, also unfair to make it in this thread.

Just for the record I feed BH and mine do well on it but I have never bagged other foods and believe me I have tried a lot. Not all foods suit all dogs!

So those that feed BH are now not allowed to post information about another brand that buyers should know without it being labelled as an attack?

What a joke

Guest donatella

Oh that's funny because I see an incorrect, if not defamatory statement made about another brand from a known BH supplier and promoter.

Guest donatella

So those that feed BH are now not allowed to post information about another brand that buyers should know without it being labelled as an attack?

What a joke

This information is however incorrect

So it got proved to be incorrect. What if it hadn't? Are those who feed the food not allowed to post anything about another brand incase it's seen as an attack?

You were the one who brought up BH by the way, it wasn't mentioned by Sheena at all. Bit paranoid.

Guest donatella

So it got proved to be incorrect. What if it hadn't? Are those who feed the food not allowed to post anything about another brand incase it's seen as an attack?

You were the one who brought up BH by the way, it wasn't mentioned by Sheena at all. Bit paranoid.

Welcome to the health forum you obviously haven't been here long *waves*

Heh been here ALOT longer than you actually :)

I generally just don't see other peoples posts as attacks because they post information or decide there is an ulterior motive based on the dog food someone feeds their dog :laugh: :)

Guest donatella

Heh been here ALOT longer than you actually :)

I generally just don't see other peoples posts as attacks because they post information or decide there is an ulterior motive based on the dog food someone feeds their dog :laugh: :)

Clearly have no idea what I'm talking about :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good day sir