Endep

Just took my dobermann to the vet as he has a problem with his leg, it was injured a while ago, and he constantly licks and chews it and it swells up. The vet said it was probably some sort of OCD/ anxiety issue, and has put him on Endep (50mg twice a day)

Does anyone else have a dog in this medication, and if so, did you see any results, change in behaviour etc? Any side effects?

Thanks in advance :)

The boarders we get who have been on it where like dead bodies walking.

Some also had reactions per the label .

Persona;;y i would going to a bowen person or similar to see if the injury has affected a muscle that keeps annoying it

I have used Endep from time to time for depression & anxiety but never heard of it being given to a dog. 50 mg, twice a day sounds like a huge amount to me. I was on 25 mg a day but when going through a bad patch 100 mg a day.

Interesting to see how he goes on it. I stopped taking it because of the 'zoombie' effect it had on me. It is quite an old medication, it's been around for a very long time.

I'm actually on it for pain management-it helps in blocking pain message to the brain. It's great for that, and I am very VERY mellow now as a side effect (can't get worked up about anything if I try :laugh: ) I strongly agree with BC Crazy though-that seems like a massive dose. I would start low and work up if you need to. That's what they recommend for humans