Rspca "sale"

Fit for a King

Guest lavendergirl

Its school holiday time in Qld - so high rate of dumpage probably. I guess they think that the lower fee might help some people to adopt who otherwise would not be able to - at least its better than the alternative for these dogs.

Guest lavendergirl

People are totally unaware of the real cost of owning a dog. I know when I got my (adopted) dog I was told by the shelter the cost of dog ownership was around $800 a year. I wish. Particularly as I was adopting a dog that requires regular grooming - that amount might just cover grooming but none of the other expenses of dog ownership. So when people realize the real costs the poor dogs either just go without proper care or are dumped back at the shelter :(

Years ago of course a lot of dogs if they were generally healthy did OK on table scraps and were PTS if any significant health issue arose. Now with the advances in veterinary practice a lot more can be done for ill dogs - but at a substantial cost which many people are unable to cover.

The prices from RSPCA WA are MUCH higher than $200. Many of the dogs are $500 plus.

Wonder what would be said if a Breeder had and end of financial year sale to clear out dogs to make way for new ones????

Edited by OSoSwift

Well, a breeder is wilfully "producing" dogs, whereas RSPCA tries to take and rehome as many as possible that they didn't "make" sort of thing.

Ther eis a difference in my opinion, but I still don't really agree with the whole thing.

It is incredibly hard to please eevryone though, if not downright impossible...