Heads Up On Dog Theives

BC Crazy

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was the media who portrayed Tank (RIP) as being stolen for fighting, certainly not his owners when the turned to facebook to help find him, they just reported him stolen to the police who didn't even take a statement from them. Sorry but I think the police are chasing the wrong tail, everyone knows how a frenzy starts.

In today's Newcastle Herald there is an article about this & it states that there is no proof to prove that there is any such 'dog fighting rings' or that dogs are being stolen from anywhere in our area for this vile purpose.

Who know's. I am totally confused about the whole thing now :confused: You can only go by what you hear & read. What about the Staffy pup with the ground teeth? What about the white truck that's been trying to steal dogs out

of backyards? Media hype perhaps?? I so hope so. Certainly leaves me wondering.

I was just going on that latest article posted, If the police want to be dismissive of dog thefts then I don't know, the reports will either escalate or die down.

Theres only 4 main reasons why a dog is stolen. And to dismiss any of it is treating people with contempt.

What about the Staffy pup with the ground teeth?

I've seen dogs that have ground teeth because they chewed on wire in an effort to escape. I would suspect that before I could imagine the logistics of getting a grinder into a dog's mouth and grinding the canines down.

Yes Greymate, you are probably right there. Years ago we had a ACD, great dog but he always used to chew & carry rocks / boulders around in his mouth. His teeth were very worn down on one side of his

jaw from doing this over many years. He died aged 17.5. I'd forgotten about 'natural causes' & things like that. Thanks for reminding me.

Edited by BC Crazy

I was just going on that latest article posted, If the police want to be dismissive of dog thefts then I don't know, the reports will either escalate or die down.

Theres only 4 main reasons why a dog is stolen. And to dismiss any of it is treating people with contempt.

They do seem very dismissive about the whole thing, don't they? I am certainly not going to go into 'relax' mode just yet about my dogs & their security.

But I never am as they are just to precious for me to take any such risks. If they were trying to scare the life out of me, "supposedly" :shrug: all this took place so close to home, they succeeded.

Edited by BC Crazy

They do seem very dismissive about the whole thing, don't they? I am certainly not going to go into 'relax' mode just yet about my dogs & their security.

But I never am as they are just to precious for me to take any such risks. If they were trying to scare the life out of me, "supposedly" :shrug: all this took place so close to home, they succeeded.

:( I couldn't have said it better myself BC. I feel just the same :cry:

Hi GeckoTree, Hope it's not too OT but I'm interested to know what the 4 main reasons for dog theft are.

Opportunistic, someone simply likes a dog, wants it so steals it for a personal pet. To on sell, making some quick cash buyers are either already lined up or easily found. Taken for breeding to sell future offspring. Gambling sports such as seen within dog fighting, either organised professionally or non organised.

I have found convictions on people for all 4 types of dog theft in Australia doing a simple search, there are others but are mainly offshoots related to those four.

J.